QA III, Senior Test Engineer
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Telvent USA, LLC is a leading and highly-recognized software and IT solution provider of real-time management of smart infrastructures. Telvent USA, LLC is a part of the Schneider Electric Group of companies. We have the following position available in Irvine, California: QA III, Senior Test Engineer.
What do you get to do in this position?
- S/he designs test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures.
- S/he engages in all stages of the software development ensuring high quality including gathering requirements, case writing, iterative develop-and-test cycles, and final production release.
- S/he conducts software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, and network environments.
- S/he tests system modifications to prepare for implementation.
- S/he reviews software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, and completeness to mitigate risks.
- S/he establishes guidelines in the testing of software products.
- S/he manages software's defects and usability identifying, analyzing, and documenting problems with program function, output, online screen, and content.
- S/he analyzes and assesses quality assurance activities for energy and demand data analytics and visualization.
- S/he provides feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality.
- S/he will evaluate demand response initiatives, regression analysis, load reduction strategies, and financial settlement calculations, to test, correct, and validate the features of our energy management and demand response system for large-scale industrial and commercial facilities.
- S/he updates automated test scripts to ensure accuracy.
- S/he Identifies program deviance from standards and suggests modifications to ensure compliance.
- S/he will perform testing in conformance with standard software engineering methodologies including Agile Scrum and Continuous Integration.
- During Agile sprint execution, s/he will be responsible for the entire cycle of test management activities including defining test models, specifying testing methodologies, designing test plans, setting the test strategy, and defining test cases.
- S/he documents test procedures to ensure replicability and compliance with standards.
- S/he plans test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- S/he will maintain a suite of test scripts for the test automation system that includes Smoke Tests, Build/Release acceptance tests, and performance and scalability tests.
- Telecommuting 5 days/week.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering and Management, Computer Science or related and 5 years of progressive work experience in quality assurance for web-based applications.
- Also must have 5 years of work experience with:
1. Performing test automation of UI and API for web-based multi-tenant applications across multiple environments;
2. Setting up, maintaining, and operating test automation systems including, at a minimum, Telerik TestStudio and SOAPUI;
3. Executing automated performance testing for various scenarios including scale, response time, capacity, throughput;
4. Utilizing Microsoft SQL Server and its tools.
This position is covered by our company's Employee Referral Program. Any applicant who is interested in this position or who was referred to this position may apply by submitting a complete resume in English through this site.