Electrical Technician - 2nd/3rd Shift
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives.Our 13 5 ,000 + employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
This position will be primarily on 2nd or 3rd shift but a candidate must be able to work any shift.
Schneider Electric's Lexington, KY facility is seeking a motivated individual to serve as a full-time Industrial Electrician for the support of its Manufacturing processes. Candidate should possess a strong level of knowledge in the maintenance and maintaining, troubleshooting, operating, and improving Industrial systems utilizing PLCs, robotics, pneumatic & hydraulic systems, and servo controlled motion.
- Electrical/Technical support for manufacturing operations including fabrication, metal finishing, and assembly, through Schneider Electric's Total Productive Maintenance program.
- Preventive, Predictive, and Reactive maintenance for various types of equipment and levels of automation including, but not limited to: stamping presses, welders, conveyors, automated assembly, and robotics.
- Technical support for robotics, vision systems, ladder logic programs, relay logic, electrical distribution, motor controls, operator interfaces, and pneumatic/hydraulic distribution
- Installation, wiring, and electrical panel builds for new or modified equipment
- Utilize provided documentation for troubleshooting or installation: electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics; panel layouts; PLC, operator display, operator interface, and robot programs.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do no t necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position .
- Technical degree, electrical certification, with 5+ years of related Experience
- Experience with installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining industrial equipment
- PLC troubleshooting Experience
- Ability to interpret Electrical and Mechanical Drawings
- Motion Control Experience
- Robot programming/troubleshooting Experience
- Machine Vision Experience
- Experience with Electrical, Pneumatic, and Hydraulic Systems
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong organizational skills including but not limited to the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments in parallel
- Self-motivated and driven individual desiring to make an immediate impact
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis and strategically eliminate barriers
- Ability to identify waste and drive it out of complex processes
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Strong understanding of industrial and electrical safe work practices
- Must be available for daily and weekend overtime.
- Must be able to work any shift.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave,401(k) + match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers .
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We're recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.