BAS Systems Technician
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
This position is responsible for performing checkout/commissioning and troubleshooting of hardware, electrical, pneumatic and HVAC systems. Coordinates scope-of-work issues to insure the end-user has a workable and accessible solution.
Some software exp. required to perform controls sequence modifications.
Protocols: LonWorks and/or BACnet ( INET, VISTA, CONTINUUM, I/A, Eco-Struxure is a plus)
- Performs commissioning of control systems to ensure proper operation
- Repair and reconfigure control system equipment, including conduit, wire and field devices
- Diagnose communication problems and install control devices and other components
- Diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware issues
- Troubleshoot and verify correct operation of equipment and field devices
- Install, replace and re-commission devices, equipment and software
- Assist in performing job site training sessions
- Develop graphics and custom list views
- Oversees subcontractors to meet specifications and schedule
- Provides emergency and warranty service as required
- Track costs associated with startup and commissioning to complete the assigned project on time and within budget
- May lead project installation team in executing systems installations
- Provide technical support to other team members
- Other duties may be assigned
This job might be for you if:
- Two-year (2) degree in a related technical field required or related work experience
- Four years related work experience required
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Advanced understanding of HVAC, access or other building or electronic control systems
- Intermediate ability to use Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.