North America Data Center On-Site Infrastructure Operations Engineer
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position
- Architecture, configuration and administration responsibilities of the following platforms - SAN, Virtualization, Server, Network and Data center.
- Technical Infrastructure Project Management, demonstrated ability to deliver detailed technical documentation and manage tasks.
- Ability to Architect, Pilot, Implement, Train and Support Technical Solutions if applicable
- Create technical documentation of existing and new environments
- Provide internal-consulting and support to business units to translate requirements into solutions.
- On-call rotation and off hours participation mandatory.
- Any other related activities that could be requested.
- Implementation, configuration and management of VSphere, VSAN and NSX
- Functional understanding of SDN or SDDC
- Manage traditional virtualization, converged (V-Block) and hyper-converged (VxRail).
- Enterprise SAN management
- Backup/Restore technologies
- NFS, iSCSI, CiFS
- Solid understanding of the OSI model
- Broad and deep experience with networking and web services (DNS, TCP/IP, Load Balancing (F5)
- Data center
- Monitor, support, configure and physically build systems
- Rack and cable servers, storage, network and backup device
This job might be for you if you meet these qualifications:
Education and/or experience:
• 5+ years' experience with IT systems support or degree in related field
• Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft and other common operating systems and software applications
• Experience with Data Center equipment installations (Servers, Storage, Network devices, cabling, etc.)
• Functional knowledge of ITIL practices and experience using ITSM tools
• Experience with StruxureWare Data Center Operation, StruxureWare Data Center Expert, and APC Netbotz Appliances desired
Primary job responsibilities will include:
• Represent Enterprise IT in support of NAM Data Center Facility Operations
• Liaison with onsite Critical Facility team for equipment maintenance planning, incident remediation, and coordination of ongoing risk remediation programs
• Support onsite Customer Experience and Marketing teams with any network cabling modifications within the shared Network closets
• Oversee Infrastructure and Network partners and vendors to ensure any delegated equipment installations/modifications/deinstallations follow all SE processes to control risk and maintain a clean and well documented environment.
• Periodically provide on-site support off-hours for planned changes and unplanned incidents
• Work with Schneider Electric Data Center Sciences and EcoStruxure product teams as well as regional partners to become proficient with the following DCIM, security, and building management applications:
o Struxureware Data Center Expert (monitoring & alerting of rack, power, and cooling devices)
o EcoStruxure IT (remote monitoring service for DCE)
o Struxureware Data Center Operations (whitespace planning, monitoring, and inventory)
o Andover Continuum (Area access controls and auditing)
o Pelco VideoXpert (Camera Surveillance software)
o EcoStruxure Building Operations (mechanical controls software for power, HVAC, and data center humidification system)
o EcoStruxure Power Monitoring Expert (Electrical monitoring and metering)
Skills you need to succeed:
• Work responsibly with or without direct supervision
• Proven ability to multitask effectively and handle fluctuating workload
• Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form with a wide variety of stakeholders in terms appropriate for uniqueness of the audience.
• Ability to learn new software programs
• Assist and/or coach other team members as necessary
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.