Level 2 Connectivity Infrastructure Operations Engineer
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Administer operations of VOIP (voice over IP infrastructure servers, session boarder controllers, gateways, SIP transport. (MS Skype for Business\Cisco\Oracle\Avaya)
- Familiarity with Skype for Business and all the services it provides (Chat, Screen Sharing, peer to peer calls, enterprise voice calls)
- Monitor VOIP/WAN/LAN and offer responsive actions against problems and proactive actions to guarantee that the lines are dimensioned according to business requirements.
- Update technical documentation to be distributed and shared with internal and external teams in a cloud shared space. (voice and data technical specifications)
- Provide good customer service. This will be measured on positive interaction and skills directly on communicating with users.
- Configure and administrate WAN/LAN/Wi-Fi infrastructure
- Configure and administrate firewall infrastructure (Palo Alto knowledge certification desirable)
- Configure and administrate proxy infrastructure (familiarity with concept of proxy, proxy script, Windows Operating system configuration)
- Configure and administrate VPN infrastructure
- Configure DNS infrastructure
- Take the lead and be an additional resource for internal projects.
This job might be for you if:
- Ability to work well in team environment
- Excellent written, organizational, and verbal communication skills as well as collaboration skills. Able to convey technical concepts to individuals without prior technical knowledge or understanding of topics.
- Knowledge of Network tools for systems forensics (Cascade & Solarwinds)
- Ability to troubleshoot complex systems security issues
- Ability to design, configure, and implement network environments. Must have strong programming experience working within the Command Line Interface (CLI) throughout all Cisco product lines.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong technical knowledge surrounding the troubleshooting of extensive LAN/WAN environments.
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting wireless network environments.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.