Automation & Controls Engineer - Senior
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives.Our 13 5 ,000 + employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric's Lincoln, NE facility is seeking for a motivated Senior Automation & Controls Engineer to be parts of the Engineering group. This position will support our 1st shift operations, including the different plant's industrial processes (Molding, Assembly and Stamping-Plating).
We are looking for someone interested in growing & developing into a People Management role within the next few years.
The Candidate should possess a strong knowledge in the design, implementation, improvement, and operation of Industrial systems utilizing PLCs, pneumatic & hydraulic, and servo controlled systems.
Lincoln NE Square D is a facility with a high level of automation; the Controls Engineer will be responsible for the coordination and deployment of Automation projects of the current and future equipment and processes in the Plant's Departments (Molding, Assembly and Stamping-Plating).
Additionally, the Controls engineer will act as an innovation leader by working in sensors and equipment connectivity to local computer servers as well as cloud based servers.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Use Schneider Electric products such as contactors, overload relays, soft starters, speed drivers, sensors and HMIs to provide engineering support to the automated lines in the Lincoln's plant
- Design, develop, upgrade and standardize new manufacturing equipment, including medium voltage power distribution, controls, and instrumentation including electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and vision systems
- Update, modify, and continuously improve existing controls systems including: ladder logic programs, relay logic, motor controls, HMI operator interface, or robotics
- Coordinate with production and maintenance on existing machine control modifications or installations
- Create, maintain and keep current documentation: electrical schematics, panel layouts; PLC, HMI operator display
- Develop technical documentation, including bill of materials, Detailed Design Specifications, equipment testing and electrical schematics.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do no t necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position .
This job might be for you if:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineer, Computer Engineering, or Automation & Controls Engineering. (2yr Technical Degree with the right experience will be considered)
- Strong PLC programming skills
- AutoCAD (or any CAD drawing package) Experience
- Motion Control Experience
- Machine Vision Experience
- Experience with Schneider Electric PLCs, Servo Controls, and Variable Frequency Drives
- Telemecanique and Keyence sensors.
- Experience with Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems
- Sound knowledge of Access Database, .NET programming, SQL programming
- 3 years of experience with implementing industrial controls
- Ability to manage multiple projects, leading a team to meet critical deadlines of the different projects
- Strong interpersonal skills to lead, and successfully develop salary and hourly employees through education and challenging growth assignments
- Self-motivated and driven individual desiring to make an immediate impact
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver results
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis and develop action plans to strategically eliminate barriers
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Ability to manage and schedule multiple priorities and meet deadlines
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match , and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers .
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We're recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.