Internship Assignment Group Strategy
Internship Assignment Group Strategy (approx. 6 months)
About SBM Offshore
SBM Offshore provides floating production solutions to the offshore energy industry, over the full product life-cycle. The Company is market leading in leased floating production systems with multiple units currently in operation and has unrivalled operational experience in this field. The Company’s main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. These are either owned and operated by SBM Offshore and leased to its clients or supplied on a turnkey sale basis.
Group companies employ approximately 4,750 people worldwide, spread over headquarters, four regional centers, ten operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels.
About the Group Strategy Department
The department consists of 3 people and is located in SBM offices in Amsterdam. The intern position is in Amsterdam.
SBM Offshore believes the oceans will provide the world with safe, sustainable and affordable energy for generations to come. We share our experience to make it happen.
In order to achieve our vision statement, we invest in maximum understanding of the floating energy market. SBM Offshore serves a broad range of products and services, related to Floating Production, Storage & Offloading systems, Mooring Systems, Semi-Submersibles, Floating Gas & Renewables systems.
To develop an even deeper understanding of how to sustainably grow the floating energy market, we propose that your internship is focused on at least one of the following themes:
1) A proposal/recommendation for new markets/investments
2) Broadening of competitive intelligence based on internal and external information
3) Further improvement of client engagement & commercial planning
4) A process/framework for specific matters that will allow continuous improvement of the company
For graduation purposes there is room for writing a thesis relating to these topics.
What do we expect from you as an intern?
It is important that you have a relevant educational background. You are currently in your 3rd or 4th year of your BSc. or MSc. in Business Economics, Marketing/Marketing Research, Econometrics, Naval Economics, Offshore Development Engineering. You are keen to bring a valuable contribution to the department as well as meeting the objectives you have set. Please note that it is only possible to do this internship if you are enrolled in an eduational institute.
Furthermore you have:
- Strong analytical skills in order to disseminate data into credible recommendations to senior leadership of the company
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in English (both written and verbally). Additionally, French and / or Dutch are certainly helpful;
- A creative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Being a business partner requires an ‘open mind’ to new opportunities and the ability to transform talk into action
- Focus on Sustainable Business solutions
You can apply for this position by using the ‘apply on company website’ button. Please make sure to send us your CV and a Motivation letter. LinkedIn profile applications only will not be processed.