The Company’s main activities are the design, supply, installation and operation of Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. These are either owned and operated by SBM Offshore and leased to its clients, or supplied on a turkey sale bases. Other products include: semi-submersibles, TLPs, FPSO LNGs, turret mooring systems, brownfield, offshore loading terminals and most recently solutions for renewable energy. With an operating fleet of 14 FPSOs, two FSOs, one MOPU and one semi-submersible in operation worldwide at year end and almost 300 years of cumulative FPSO operational experience within the industry, the Company is a market leader in providing leased production floating systems.
With its Head Office in Amsterdam in the Netherlands, SMB Offshore employees’ total 4,810 and are spread over seven locations, nine operational shore bases, the offshore fleet of vessels and joint venture construction yards.
The Category Manager is responsible for the development of the Category strategy in view of increasing SBM competitiveness and actively participating to SBM business development.
The Category Manager is in charge of the effective management of strategically important vendors and the efficient global sourcing of key equipment/ specific categories and ensure that projects and operations receive the full benefits of these arrangements by supporting the correct implementation of the procurement strategy on proposals/projects/operations.
The role develops a long-term relationship with the strategic vendors and seek to continuously improve vendor performance.
SBM Schiedam is looking for applicants with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field of Engineering or Business Administration and a minimum of 10 years of experience with an Oil and Gas or EPC company. The ideal candidate will have broad and deep procurement experience in the offshore, marine or petrochemical industry, preferably in the role as a Category Manager or in Strategic Sourcing.
Furthermore you are or you have:
- A self- starter who possesses good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Great time management skills
- Leadership skills and proactive behavior with strategic overview
- Driven and consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Flexible and adaptable to react to operational changes
- Fluent in English (both written and verbally)
- Good primary and secondary terms of employment
- Flexible start- and end time
- Attractive benefits in the area of personal development, culture, sports and relaxation
- A modern and well facilitated office, which is accessible by car and by public transport.