SBM offshore, Schiedam are seeking to employ an experienced Contracts Manager on a permanent basis.
SBM’s main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels.
These are either owned and operated by SBM Offshore and leased to its clients or supplied on a turnkey sale bases. Other products include: semi-submersibles, TLPs, FPSO LNGs, turret mooring systems, brownfield, offshore (off)loading terminals and most recently solutions for renewable energy.
This is a very exciting time to join SBM Offshore and we can offer a very challenging role.
Core Activities will include:
- Administration of Main Contract and Sub-contracts terms and conditions and ensure adherence;
- Supply commercial and contractual assistance to Supply Chain;
- Coordinate Insurance and Bank Guarantee requirements with legal, support and participate in the development of contracting strategies;
- Preparation of Sub-contracts and management of Sub-contract tendering and award process;
- Prepare and manage the Contract requirements Plan;
- Monitor the performance and compliance with the contractual requirements and the signatory powers, expedite disciplines where necessary and highlight potential areas of concern;
- Contribute to the commercial and contractual awareness across the Project Team throughout the life of the project;
- Report Main contract deliverables.
Interaction and communication:
You will liaise with the Engineering Project Manager and the Planning Engineer to establish exhaustive list of specs, drawings, manuals, format, and requirement dates etc. as required by contract. You will have to follow up on their timely submission, identification , highlight and presentation to the project team of contract notice periods, key risks and any relevant clauses e.g. comments system, client reviews etc.
You will be responsible for the provision of associated support thereafter (including preparation of contract handbook for Site construction management), draft formal and ensure up to date Project correspondence as applicable; Payment Milestones follow-up; Identification, highlight and presentation to the team of contract notice and submission requirements, key risks and any relevant clauses – e.g. client approval etc. and provision of associated support thereafter.
You will maintain a compliant auditable contractual management and contribute to the commercial and contractual awareness across the Unit team(s) throughout the life of the contract(s), draft formal and ensure up to date Project correspondence as applicable, payment follow-up and support, participate and provide input to Risk and Opportunities management and you will ensure delivery and warranty conditions are applied in line with contract provisions.
Change and Claims Management:
Formalize and resolve any potential claims against Client, Subcontractor and Vendors (in conjunction with Supply Chain and Legal) and manage the change process; manage EOTs, Guarantee period and Insurance Claims in liaison with Legal and Insurance.Ensure fully auditable dossiers by documentation and filling. Ideally you will have a QS qualification and some FPSO.
- Good Primary and secondary terms of employment;
- Flexible working hours;
- Attractive benefits in the area of personal development;
- Culture, sports and relaxation;
- A Modern and well facilitated office, which is accessible by car and by public transport.
Travel every 4-6 weeks to the Far East may be required.
Please note that this is NOT a contract hourly position.
Acquisition related to this vacancy will not be appreciated.