Have you ever wanted to work for a world leader in their industry?
SBM Offshore is an integrated EPCI provider of floating production solutions for the deep-water oil and gas industry. SBM Offshore owns and operates the world’s largest fleet of FPSO’s which recently achieved more than 1 million barrels of oil per day throughput. SBM Offshore’s global footprint includes worldwide Execution Centers.
We are proud of our technological innovation, and are a market leader in R&D and technology development. Some of SBM Offshore’s products include CALM Buoy’s, Floating Production Storage and Offloading Units, Semisubmersibles, Tension Leg Platforms and Turret Mooring Systems.
Careers at SBM Offshore offer our employees:
Unique opportunities to participate in the full life-cycle of projects and operations from engineering through construction and installation and throughout production operations
Experience with a leader in Deep-water floating production and mooring systems, in production operations and in terminals and services
Opportunities for roles in Execution Centers, in our construction yards and with our specialized offshore installation vessels
A company philosophy of exposing talented individuals to all parts of the business, which provides opportunities to expand their personal tool kits
SBM Offshore is currently recruiting for a contract Engineering Application Support Specialist.
As Engineering Application Support Specialist, you are responsible for applying discipline knowledge and experience to ensure the efficient technological developments are being utilized to support Engineers and Designers in completing their work efficiently. You are expected to remain at the forefront of technology developments to identify innovative methods to carry out assigned tasks that increase the quality and efficiencies of support applications to meet engineering needs. The Engineering Application Support Specialist partners with Information Technology and application suppliers to ensure the Company infrastructure is fit for purpose and supports required applications. The Engineering Application Support Specialist must prioritize activities and liaise with stakeholders to ensure deliverables.
In order that assigned activities are completed successfully YOU ARE TO:
Understand, plan and deliver assigned tasks with accuracy to meet stakeholders’ needs in a timely manner; ensure no surprises. Complete tasks in compliance with applicable standards and work procedures.
Seek clarification or guidance as soon as difficulties arise; recommend alternative solutions. Perform thorough self-check of all solutions prior to release for use by stakeholders. Properly plan work to allow adequate time for stakeholder feedback and adjustments to ensure intended functionality
- In order to achieve effective interface management YOU ARE TO: Identify appropriate stakeholders, proactively provide status updates, highlight concerns as they arise, and prioritize assigned activities to meet key milestones that support meeting deadlines. Network with stakeholders to serve as a source of support by producing project deliverables; ensure proactive two-way communication. Produce consistent/organized instructions in a well-structured format to convey required information. Coordinate the transfer of data, application interface, configuration, etc. with SBM Regional Centers, subcontractors, third party consultants, and vendors.
- In order to contribute to the success of managing change YOU ARE TO: Ensure Management Of Change (MOC) procedures are used to promote a positive impact to the project. Understand the change impact to stakeholders and raise awareness of issues timely. Respectfully challenge proposed changes that impact the project to ensure the best option is adopted as the way forward. Ensure changes are conveyed through the established channels of communication to minimize a possible negative impact to the project. Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility in implementing changes.
- To ensure quality and reliability of tools and systems in support of engineering and design YOU ARE TO:
Promote continuous improvement within the Discipline by remaining current on the latest technology developments. Apply and capture applicable lessons learned in the execution of activities to enable information sharing, increase project efficiencies, and support/develop best practices. Ensure solutions are thoroughly tested prior to release for use and establish solutions which are communicated and documented in a manner that is easily understood by others
- Established qualification in a specialist discipline from University. 4 years relevant experience in Aveva software and Diagrams. Accurate reporting abilities required.
- FPSO experience required/preferred, FPU/Submersible/TLP required/preferred. Familiar with databases and data consistencies.
- Experience as an Aveva Diagrams Administrator who can also assist Diagrams users with clarifications
- Experience with Aveva Software or managing databases
- Aveva Engineering and Aveva Diagrams.
Little to no travel required.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.