Expediting & Logistic Coordinator
About SBM Offshore:
The Company’s main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. These are either owned and operated by SBM Offshore and leased to its clients or supplied on a turkey sale bases. Other products include: semi-submersibles, TLPs, FPSO LNGs, turret mooring systems, brownfield, offshore (off)loading terminals and most recently solutions for renewable energy. With an operating fleet of 14 FPSOs, two FSOs, one MOPU and one semi-submersible in operation worldwide at year end and almost 300 years of cumulative FPSO operational experience within the industry, the Company is considered a market leader in providing leased production floating systems.
SBM Offshore employees’ total 4,250 and are spread over five regional centers, 10 operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels. Group companies employ over 4,750 people worldwide, which include 500 working for the joint venture construction yards.
The Expediting and Logistics Supervisor defines and establishes processes for SBM Operations, manages Logistics Vendors in accordance with existing Frame Agreements, Purchase Orders and GEMS rules. He / She regularly interface with local teams in country to guarantee on time and in budget delivery of equipment as local priorities and contractual requirements.
The Expediting scope begins at Purchase order placement and continues through until the equipment is satisfactory received on site. The Logistics scope (Transport, Import/Export, Handling and Storage) begins when equipment are released from the Expediting with collections and final delivery in country as per agreed Purchase Orders Terms and Conditions and budget
The Expediting and Logistics Supervisor scope shall be the one supervising and guaranteeing that main interfaces with vendors and Operations Teams are properly and timely performed in order to prevent any issue s impacting delivery time and costs on a door to door basis.
Main tasks for Expediting activities :
- Be aware of contractual obligations of each purchase orders placed (i.e. delivery performance)
- Attend to Kick off meeting as much as possible /necessary.
- Ensure that progress report form vendors are correctly done with appropriate, analysed and that findings are relayed.
- Ensure that regular follow-up of all vendors is correctly addressed either by telecommunication/e-mail or carryout through expediting visit.
- Follow fields visit and review field expediting report when necessary.
- Check that expediting database is updated at all time.
- Review when necessary weekly material status report with the Operations Team.
- Liaise with inspection and Logistics Team to make sure that upcoming visits a vendor premises and shipments to sites in country will be executed without delay and in budget.
- Have close interface with site on any delivery issues.
- Ensure company s equipment full traceability along the Supply Chain
- Set up logistics strategies for export and import per country of destination
- Negotiate major logistics rates and possible lump sum prices
- Set up and main consistent relationships with the network of assigned freight forwarders, clearing and shipping agents.
- Supervise good execution of the agreed scope of work defined as per Purchase Orders for collection, delivery and storage of equipment’s.
- Establish and maintain updated export and import procedures / SOP for every country of destination.
- Defines SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) or Logistics strategies for proposals and communicates about them
- Organizes and leads Logistics Vendors performance review meetings (quarterly review) with Local Team in country to align on priorities, budget, traceability of shipments, Performance, lesson learned and additional requirements raised from personnel in country
- M-sc degree: business, logistics
- 5 years’ experience in Oil and Gas within operations environment dealing with expediting and logistics services.
- Computer literate and proficient in IT.
- Portuguese and English speaking.
- Good negotiation, Team spirit, Organizational, problem solving and diplomacy skills.
- Available to travel on punctual basis when required in Angola and EG.