European passport holders mandatory for Work Permit
About SBM Offshore:
The Company’s main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. These are either owned and operated by SBM Offshore and leased to its clients or supplied on a turkey sale bases. Other products include: semi-submersibles, TLPs, FPSO LNGs, turret mooring systems, brownfield, offshore (off)loading terminals and most recently solutions for renewable energy. With an operating fleet of 14 FPSOs, two FSOs, one MOPU and one semi-submersible in operation worldwide at year end and almost 300 years of cumulative FPSO operational experience within the industry, the Company is considered a market leader in providing leased production floating systems.
SBM Offshore employees’ total 4,250 and are spread over five regional centers, 10 operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels. Group companies employ over 4,750 people worldwide, which include 500 working for the joint venture construction yards.
SBM Offshore is looking for a Certification Engineer.
- To ensure that the applicable certification is issued by the respective authorities at the required time during the project execution
- Prepare and implement certification/verification procedures
- Review and verify that SBM equipment specifications includes correct standards requirements and ensure that fabricators deliverables are in compliance
- Identify any areas of concern related to certification
- Review and verify drawings/specifications issued by engineering
- Provide support to engineering and procurement disciplines for compilation of technical files/DOC
- Review certification records from farbication yards subcontractors and suppliers to ensure that the minimum requirements are achieved
- Perform audits at supplier/subcontractor s location
- Report on the status of certification progress
- Interfaces with client representatives and certifying authority during visits to suppliers and subcontractors
- Advice on certification making requirements or equivalent
- Attend test during certification process
- University Degree - Msc in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 3 years experience of offshore industry construction and installation including an emphasis on certification requirements
- Fluent spoken and written english