We are seeking to become a “best in class” Accounting function for our international business, based in Marly (Fribourg). If you are looking for participating in the development of the Accounting function in an evolving business, this role will be of interest.
In this regard, we are recruiting an Accountant
The Accountant acts as a business partner for the assigned remit, accountable for your stakeholders to achieve business objectives in operational effectiveness and efficiency, reliable financial reporting and compliance with laws, regulations and standards.
You are to give expert advice, offering insights, ideas and recommendations on topics that impact the business, whilst ensuring that the key messages of your expertise area are understood and followed.
You align your work to SBM’s and the relevant expertise area strategy, by proactively planning and completing activity, with accuracy and on-time deliverable.
You ensure a strong focus on and alignment with SBM’s Values. You design, interpret, apply and uphold SBM’s policies and procedures with a high degree of customer focus and confidentiality.
As Accountant, you report to the Accounting & Reporting Manager and are to
- Be responsible for the accounting treatment under IFRS 16 of the lease contracts for the Group:
- Periodic review of the lease contracts, re-treatment in accounting and related reconciliation;
- Provide the disclosure for the Group financial statements;
- Improvement of processes in place.
- Be responsible of inter-company’s balances analysis
- Optimize inter-company’s balances in order to comply with SBM internal rules and the tax law;
- Perform accounts reconciliation according to the Group policy, investigate any difference and take corrective actions.
- Additional tasks
- General ledger accounting for two legal entities, with monthly accounts reconciliation;
- Participate in the design and improvements of the company’s accounting activities and ensure proper documentation of the permanent file;
- Assist with month-end closing activities and back up accounting staff members;
- Prepare statutory financial statements in accordance with the local GAAP;
- Collaborate to ad hoc projects and analysis.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- “Brevet comptable” or equivalent education
- Previous experience in a company applying IFRS would be a plus
- Fluent in English and French
- Good knowledge in Excel
Furthermore, below competencies reflect you:
- Service oriented
- Team player, flexible, autonomous
- Analytically minded
- Excellent communication skills and strong sense of responsibilities
You can apply for this position by using the ‘apply’ button.