At SBM Offshore, our people have unrivaled experience and understanding of the needs of the global offshore energy industry. Our product development is driven by evolving market demand.
SBM Offshore provides floating production solutions to the offshore energy industry, over the full product life-cycle. The Company is market leading in leased floating production systems with multiple units currently in operation and has unrivalled operational experience in this field. The Company’s main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. These are either owned and operated by SBM Offshore and leased to its clients or supplied on a turnkey sale basis.
It is our goal and driving ambition to be the trusted partner of choice, delivering reliable, complete floating production solutions that create value for SBM Offshore’s clients, by sustainably and passionately leveraging the Company’s technology and operating experience.
Geotechnical Engineer role
- To determine the optimum anchoring methods and equipment appropriate to the safe and efficient mooring of the Company’s systems.
- To provide engineering expertise for the design of seabed facilities.
- To identify and write specifications for mooring equipment.
- To determine the dimensions, properties, motions, loads and characteristics of mooring systems and seabed facilities.
- To organize, supervise and analyze anchor testing programs and R&D activities on related matters.
- To prepare and deliver technical papers promoting the Company’s mooring expertise.
- To follow all relevant Sls and Departmental Working Instructions in the engineering of moorings and subsea activities.
- To monitor and review drawings, specifications and manuals related to installation activities.
- To ensure that the Company’s installation, mooring and subsea engineering conforms to all relevant legislation, standards and codes.
- To liaise with classification societies and other regulatory bodies involved with the safety integrity and legality of the Company’s mooring systems and subsea equipment.
- To assist in the technical evaluation of bids and proposals submitted by installation contractors and suppliers.
- To answer queries arising from clients, contractors or internal Company departments on moorings and geotechnical matters.
- To attend meetings and generally liaise with the client and installation contractor.
- To attend and contribute to internal company/departmental/project meetings related to installation, mooring and geotechnical matters.
- To keep abreast of relevant developments in offshore and subsea technology.
- To contribute ideas and expertise for the improvement of Company performance in anchoring/mooring and geotechnical matters.
- To make presentations to clients, contractors and in-house describing the Company’s mooring systems.
- To supervise site investigation surveys
- To supervise installation of the mooring systems
- To perform FEM analysis
- University degree in Geotechnical/Geophysical/soil or relevant scientific discipline.
- Knowledge and/or experience of Geotechnical engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in the offshore engineering Industry.