European passport holders mandatory for Work Permit
About SBM Offshore :
The Company’s main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. These are either owned and operated by SBM Offshore and leased to its clients or supplied on a turkey sale bases. Other products include: semi-submersibles, TLPs, FPSO LNGs, turret mooring systems, brownfield, offshore (off)loading terminals and most recently solutions for renewable energy. With an operating fleet of 14 FPSOs, two FSOs, one MOPU and one semi-submersible in operation worldwide at year end and almost 300 years of cumulative FPSO operational experience within the industry, the Company is considered a market leader in providing leased production floating systems.
SBM Offshore employees’ total 4,250 and are spread over five regional centers, 10 operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels. Group companies employ over 4,750 people worldwide, which include 500 working for the joint venture construction yards.
- To provide advice on tax matters to all internal clients.
- Ensure proper tax compliance in dedicated countries of operation (corporate tax, VAT, GST, WHT, PIT…).
- Design tax planning during pre-sales phases using external advisers when necessary and implement same during the life of the projects.
- Identify tax efficient structures, highlight any tax risks and ensure that corporate structure permits a minimization of taxes paid consistent with the Group CSR policy.
- Assist in establishing new companies / branches where necessary for tax structures / changes in law or other reasons.
- Obtain advice relating to customs issues and interact with Logistics.
- Review tax clauses in draft contracts (client contracts and subcontracts), and participate in contractual and tax discussions.
- Keep up to date with changes in tax laws in dedicated countries of operation.
- Review outgoing invoices for VAT and country tax compliance in dedicated countries of operation.
- In countries with no SBM offices, handle the tax compliance. Where there is a SBM presence, ensure that the compliance work is properly handled by local teams.
- Ensure that proper records for corporate income tax / VAT / PIT / import duties are kept both on site and on a centralized database.
- Audit internal/external stakeholders on a periodical basis to ensure a proper internal control.
- Manage tax audit and tax litigation.
- Ensure tax accounting reporting in dedicated countries of operation.
- Select and manage a set of trustable suppliers who can assist on tax matters. Manage the associated budget.
- Master in law or finance degree.
- 6 to 8-year experience in a similar position, ideally in a law firm – a strong exposure to legal and international tax matters is a pre-requisite.
- Petroleum Industry experience is a plus.
- Willing and able to travel around the world, including Africa (business trips).
- Fluent in English. A second language is required, among Portuguese, French or Mandarin.
- Good knowledge of international tax law and general tax compliance.
- Understand and application of WHT/VAT regimes.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good experience of corporate structuring and re-structuring, M&A.
- Good knowledge of double tax treaties.
- Familiarity with IFRS or equivalent.
- Familiarity with Sarbanes Oxley or equivalent is a plus.