Deputy Company Secretary
Deputy Company Secretary
With a Master Degree in Dutch (Corporate or Notarial) Law and 3 to 5 years’ experience working as a lawyer, candidate notary or in a company secretary support role, you are equipped and ready to take on this role at SBM Offshore.
you make it happen
- You support the Company Secretary in the preparation and follow up of meetings: you collect the meeting documents for meetings of the Executive Committee, the Management Board and Supervisory Board (including its committees) and review these documents to ensure they meet the set guidelines. After the meetings you initiate actions and/or monitor the follow up.
- You are involved in drawing up the annual report: you assist in writing the corporate governance chapter of the annual report. You review whether the overall report complies with laws and regulations.
- You maintain and improve internal policies: you support in the review, update and implementation of the relevant corporate governance rules and internal policies.
- You are involved in the preparation of the Annual General Meeting: you assist in drafting the relevant documentation and you have the opportunity to be involved in the organization of the meeting as such.
- You maintain corporate records: you maintain the corporate records of our Dutch entities and you oversee the corporate entity database in support of the Corporate Legal Director.
- You collaborate on projects with the Corporate Legal team: you work on corporate legal and housekeeping projects of the Corporate Legal team.
- You work with senior level stakeholders: you build relationships with senior management and functions worldwide and work with them to ensure that documents meet set guidelines.
In this role, you will report to the Company Secretary.
With a master degree in Dutch Law, 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience, for example as a lawyer, candidate notary, legal project manager or in a company secretary support role, you are confident, eager and committed to take on this role at SBM Offshore. You have good knowledge of Dutch Corporate Law and Corporate Governance and are determined to achieve high quality results. No experience in the offshore or oil & gas business? Then we at least expect you to have an interest in it and are eager to learn more about it. With your good interpersonal and communication skills, your appetite for organizing and ad hoc tasks, and your high level of English (both written and verbal), you will be successful in our fast-paced international environment.
As the world’s population grows, so does the need for safe, sustainable and affordable energy. To cook meals, to power homes, to fuel mobility. With that comes an increasing need to transition to a more sustainable future. With almost 5,000 colleagues spread over eight locations and nine operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels, we are committed to play our part. And we thrive on challenges to do so: whether it is in 3,000 meters of water depth, producing hydrocarbons from underneath the salt-layer, making wind turbines float or capturing energy from waves. In whatever we do, our core values of Integrity, Care, Entrepreneurship and Ownership are key in our commitment to unlocking energy from the oceans.
You will be part of exciting times SBM Offshore finds itself in: the challenges and dynamics that come with it, and the increasing need for talented and ambitious new colleagues to participate with us in this adventure, now. On a practical note: our offices are easily accessible by public transport, we offer an attractive salary package and you can work flexible working hours. We are open to discuss working part-time.
Want to know more about what we do? Check out our website www.sbmoffshore.com
Do you sense you and SBM Offshore could be a perfect match? Apply by sending in your CV and motivation. Please note that recruitment for this position has been outsourced to a recruitment agency on an exclusive basis. Your application will be forwarded to this agency.
Need more information? Contact Annemieke Koning at +31202363342.
SBM Offshore. Energy. Committed.