SBM’s main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. These are either owned and operated by SBM Offshore and leased to its clients or supplied on a turn-key sale bases.
With its Head Office in Amsterdam in the Netherlands, SMB Offshore employees’ total 4,810 and are spread over seven locations, nine operational shore bases, the offshore fleet of vessels and joint venture construction yards.
The Buyer is part of a team of experts on project procurement matters within the supply chain department. The team is based in Schiedam with a global scope.
As a Buyer within SBM you will manage the assigned package from preparation to the RFQ to issuing the PO and the kick off meeting. You will work closely together with the Package Manager and ensures a timely and cost effective selection of the supplier of the subject package. Your strong experience in the allocated equipment is required for any FEED or EPC activity to take care of the main process packages.
Furthermore you will
• Ensure a flawless selection of the most attractive bidder by conducting commercial, contractual, technical and legal clarifications with the support of internal stakeholders such as Legal and the Package Manager;
• Supervise all related buying activities;
• Compile and issue the RFQ, ensuring that the Bidders List and Supplier Qualifications are met;
• Expedite the quotations and perform the commercial bid clarifications as required;
• Prepared the Recommendation To Purchase (RTP) and Commercial Bid Evaluation (CBE);
• Train and educate your team members where required.
For the role of Buyer we are looking for candidates with a Business School degree, preferably with a major in Purchasing, or an Engineering degree.
You have at least 5-10 years of relevant working experience as a buyer with relevant experience in the appointed equipment.
Furthermore you have the following skills and experience:
• Solid commercial background and experience;
• a self- starter who possesses good interpersonal and organizational skills;
• great Time Management skills;
• Leadership skills and proactive behavior;
• Flexible and adaptable to react to operational changes;
• Fluent in English (both written and verbally).
• Good primary and secondary terms of employment;
• Flexible start- and end time
• Attractive benefits in the area of personal development, culture, sports and relaxation;
• Our office is easy to access by car and by public transport.
Additional to SBM Offshore
Other products include: semi-submersibles, TLPs, FPSO LNGs, turret mooring systems, brownfield, offshore (off)loading terminals and most recently solutions for renewable energy. With an operating fleet of 13 FPSOs, two FSOs, one MOPU and one semi-submersible in operation worldwide at year end and almost 300 years of cumulative FPSO operational experience within the industry, the Company is considered a market leader in providing leased production floating systems.
You can apply for this position by using the ‘apply button’.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Robert Glansdorp +31(0)10 232 3772
Acquisition related to this vacancy will not be appreciated.