Accounting Financial Analyst
Have you ever wanted to work for a world leader in their industry?
SBM Offshore is an integrated EPCI provider of floating production solutions for the deepwater oil and gas industry. SBM Offshore owns and operates the world’s largest fleet of FPSOs which recently achieved more than 1 million barrels of oil per day throughput. SBM Off shore’s global footprint includes worldwide Execution Centers.
We are proud of our technological innovation, and are a market leader in R&D and technology development. Some of SBM Off shore’s products include FPSOs, Turret Mooring Systems, CALM buoys, TLPs, and Semisubmersibles.
Careers at SBM Offshore offer our employees:
- Unique opportunities to participate in the full life-cycle of projects and operations from engineering through construction and installation and throughout production operations
- Experience with a leader in deepwater floating production and mooring systems, in production operations and in terminals and services
- Opportunities for roles in Execution Centers, in our construction yards and with our specialized offshore installation vessels.
- A company philosophy of exposing talented individuals to all parts of the business which provides opportunities to expand their personal tool kits
SBM Offshore is currently recruiting for an Accounting Financial Analyst.
- Assist in close processes including reporting financial data from general ledger system into consolidation system, analyzing financial results and explain variances from budgets, reconciling mapping and financial flows and coordinating with the accounting team to proactively resolve issues.
- Assist/prepare reporting packages in consolidation system, including balance sheet, profit and loss, and cash flow.
- Assist in the preparation of IFRS and statutory financial statements and various reports for internal and external parties.
- Assist, lead and work cross functionally to achieve project planning and forecasting deliverables.
- Interact, present and work with various business department and project leaders to produce and analyze financial information.
- Assist in the timely and accurate preparation of the annual budget.
- Assist in accounting research and preparation of memos to support the accounting proposal for significant or complex transactions.
- Ensure the accurate and integrated flow of information across the various reporting systems to report financial results to Corporate.
- Strives to continually improve the efficiency and effectiveness of all processes by soliciting feedback, openly listening and evaluating feedback and questioning processes.
- Assures work is planned in accordance with approaching deadlines and appropriate measures are taken to assure efficient compliance with deadlines.
- Documents procedures and processes.
- Assumes full ownership of responsible areas and delivers expected results with minimal supervision.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. The preferred candidate will have 5 years’ experience as an accountant with a mixture of professional services firm experience and industry experience. Good and deep knowledge of international accounting requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the skill, and/or ability required.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- Experience with business consolidation tools. SAP BPC preferred.
- Demonstrates proficiency in consolidation, internal reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
- Self-motivated, proactive and displays high level of work ethic.
- Utilizes advanced problem solving abilities and maintains questioning mind.
- Able to successfully function in a tight deadline oriented environment.
- Ensures strong business controls are in place and adhered to.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well individually or within the team environment and is able to build effective relationships with all levels and roles in the organization.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and PowerPoint) – Advanced Skills Required.