European passport holders mandatory for Work Permit
About SBM Offshore: The Company’s main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. These are either owned and operated by SBM Offshore and leased to its clients or supplied on a turkey sale bases. Other products include: semi-submersibles, TLPs, FPSO LNGs, turret mooring systems, brownfield, offshore (off)loading terminals and most recently solutions for renewable energy. With an operating fleet of 14 FPSOs, two FSOs, one MOPU and one semi-submersible in operation worldwide at year end and almost 300 years of cumulative FPSO operational experience within the industry, the Company is considered a market leader in providing leased production floating systems.
SBM Offshore employees’ total 4,250 and are spread over five regional centers, 10 operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels. Group companies employ over 4,750 people worldwide, which include 500 working for the joint venture construction yards.
SBM Offshore is looking for an Installation Engineer
The Installation Engineer is responsible for defining the necessary equipment, resources and procedures for the safe, efficient and economical offshore installation of the Company's systems. He/She are accountable for the technical success of such operations.
During the win phase of projects:
- Advise & assist the Installation Proposal Engineer to the selection of the optimum installation scenario & methods.
- Review and check the deliverables (installation method statement and technical appraisal, installation aids, equipment list, operation planning) produced by the Installation Proposal Engineers.
After the win phase of projects:
- When mooring systems are provided by SBM, liaise with the Engineering Dept. to ensure that the mooring & anchoring system is optimized in terms of offshore installation.
- When the production & offloading systems (FPSO, MOPU, Buoy, hoses, etc.…) are provided by SBM, liaise with the Engineering Dept to give installation inputs on design and liaise with Construction Yard to ensure readiness for offshore installation.
- On all types of installation scopes, prepare installation work specifications summarizing requirements, tolerances, specific installation aids to be integrated in the design, etc.
- If the project is executed using Company's vessel(s), prepare detailed installation manuals, together with the assigned site Superintendent.
- If the project is subcontracted, prepare the technical part of the invitation to tender package, review technically the tenders received, recommend a preferred Sub-Contractor to the Installation Project Manager, liaise with the Sub-Contractor throughout the project.
- Issue the final project reports (Client as-built report & SBM internal report).
- Attend to the offshore operations.
- Ensure that the Company’s installation conforms with the Contract specification, the relevant legislation, standards and codes.
- Contribute ideas & expertise for the development & improvement of Company product, in installation and subsea matters.
During the offshore phase of projects:
- Perform the kick-off meetings to the operational staff, marine crew, sub-contractors and Client.
- Prepare, for Superintendent’s review, the daily task plan with the assistance of the Field Engineer.
- Attend the daily Client meeting and Supervisor shift hand-over meeting.
- Provide engineering assistance to the Superintendent/Supervisors when required, monitor the operations and check the rigging arrangements.
- Make sure the procedure / task plans is well understood and implemented by all parties.
- Issue the MOC, as-built planning and time spent sheet with the help of the Field Engineer.
- Collect the as-built files, checklist, signed QA forms, photos required for the Client as-built report.
- Keep abreast of relevant developments and state of the art in offshore and sub-sea technology.
- Record the information, feedback, lessons required for the future SBM internal report.
Requirements (Educational / Professional background; Specific Diplomas; Languages…)
University degree in a relevant Engineering discipline.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a position with offshore operations exposure.
Experience in mooring ( Suction Piles installation, Driven Pile, SSW & Polyester laying) being a plus
- Relevant experience in offshore construction.
- Strong knowledge in hydrodynamics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and partnering-style, with ability to obtain buy-in.
- Strong capacity to manage complex and ambiguous situations.
- Good level in English (written and oral)
- Good team player with strong capacity to develop and lead people