HSSE Engineer - Asia (rotation)
SBM Offshore is a world leader in floating production solutions. Our main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and the life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. We employ over 4,800 people spread over eight locations, nine operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels worldwide.
We are looking for a HSSE Engineer to work in China and Singapore.
As Site HSSE Engineer, your responsibilities are:
- To coordinate and advise on all Operations related HSSE matters relating to FPSO New Build & Conversion during the engineering, construction, commissioning and start-up phases in order to ensure adequate standards and best practices are maintained for a final satisfactory operation of the unit.
- Ensure on the behalf of the Operations Readiness Manager that all Safety Systems are operational and compliant with Company’s Corporate Engineering Standards. Ensure adequate presence and witnesses during operational tests of HSSE related equipment.
- To provide active support to the new unit’s Operations personnel as well as to the Project/Commissioning personnel to ensure optimum relationship and cooperation between all parties involved with a common focus on a quality and fit for purpose operational unit.
Note: The position requires frequent international travel to the various SBM Offshore sites where new build, conversion and integration work is being undertaken by the Company. As such the Operations Readiness HSSE Engineer must be willing and medically able to meet this requirement which is a prerequisite for the position. Travel may also include transit with the Marine Unit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HSSE discipline.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent as a minimum.
- Minimum 5 years hydrocarbon Production Operations processing experience offshore OR 5 years as Safety Officer in similar environment.
- FPSO Operational experience is mandatory.
- Computer literate on Microsoft Office software packages.
- Good written and spoken English
- Medically fit to Offshore International Standards such as ENG1 or equivalent