Project Quality Manager
The Company’s main activities are the design, supply, installation and operation of Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. These are either owned and operated by SBM Offshore and leased to its clients, or supplied on a turnkey sale bases. With an operating fleet of 14 FPSOs, two FSOs, one MOPU and one semi-submersible in operation worldwide at year end and almost 300 years of cumulative FPSO operational experience within the industry, the Company is a market leader in providing leased production floating systems.
With its statutory seat in Amsterdam in the Netherlands, SBM Offshore employee’s total 4,250 and are spread over five regional centers, 10 operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels. Group companies employ over 4,750 people worldwide, which include 500 working for the joint venture construction yards.
You are responsible for ensuring compliance with all standards, rules and other requirements imposed by Company, Regulators, Clients and other relevant Stakeholders. You are the focal point for quality to the Project, and to the Client, contractors and vendors. You play a key role in promoting and embedding strong quality leadership, positive behaviors and culture amongst your Project. You lead the activities related to quality to provide effective support to the Project.
Task & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain quality plans and other relevant documentation meeting applicable requirements and expectations
- Provide quality advice and support to the Project Team
- Escalate Project issues to your discipline Manager
- Contribute to qualification and/or selection of vendors/sub-contractors
- Lead and/or conduct internal and external verifications/surveys/audits, and ensure that appropriate corrective actions are identified and effectively implemented
- Manage deviations and related mitigating measures
- Contribute to continuous improvements of the systems and tools, through providing feedback and lessons learnt to Project & discipline Manager
- Monitor/Report Cost of Non Quality
- Report incidents and monitor assigned actions
- Take part in incident investigations (as assigned)
- Consult and align with relevant stakeholders both internally and externally
- Monitor quality performance of the project and related vendors and sub-contractors
- Continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across
- Actively contribute to the deployment of training programs and communication campaigns
- Foster and sustain a strong partnership with the Yard and SBM team on site
- Manage Quality team
- Manage shipyard Quality activities
- The measure of your effectiveness will be:
- Effective performance of the Quality Surveillance Plan
- Satisfaction of relevant stakeholders
- Cost of non-quality improvement
- Survey results after campaigns and trainings
- All Project site staff trained and aware of quality objectives
- Project Quality Plan
- Audits Plan and reports
- Site Surveillance Programme
- Criticality Assessment report
- Quality investigations report
- Project Quality reports including notably: KPIs, major incidents, preventive &corrective actions, CoNQ, lessons learnt)
Education & ExperienceUniversity Engineering degree plus established qualification in a specialist discipline, either British Safety Council Dip SM (or similar) or IQA Lead Auditors Qualification. Experienced professional with 10 years relevant experience, or 7 years experience as Specialist 2.
What do we offer. We offer you a job with a high level of diverse tasks and responsibilities in an international concern that highly values the development of its employees, quality and safety. You get the freedom to take a range of responsibilities in a rapidly evolving environment. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package and challenging opportunities for growth.
Our recruitment process. When we see a possible fit we will arrange for a telephone interview as a first step in the process. If this telephone interview is successful, we will invite you for a face to face interview; in most cases there will be two rounds of these interviews. When needed, because of distance / different locations, we will arrange for a virtual interview. During the application process you will have the opportunity to ask us any further questions about the role, the organization, and benefits.