European passport holders mandatory for Work Permit
About SBM Offshore: The Company’s main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. These are either owned and operated by SBM Offshore and leased to its clients or supplied on a turkey sale bases. Other products include: semi-submersibles, TLPs, FPSO LNGs, turret mooring systems, brownfield, offshore (off)loading terminals and most recently solutions for renewable energy. With an operating fleet of 14 FPSOs, two FSOs, one MOPU and one semi-submersible in operation worldwide at year end and almost 300 years of cumulative FPSO operational experience within the industry, the Company is considered a market leader in providing leased production floating systems.
SBM Offshore employees’ total 4,250 and are spread over five regional centers, 10 operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels. Group companies employ over 4,750 people worldwide, which include 500 working for the joint venture construction yards.
SBM Offshore is looking for a Data Engineer
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join the Digital FPSO Project in Operations. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our Operations data quality as well as optimizing data flow and collection. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, data architects, and data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery is consistent. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-thinking our Operations data landscape to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Role Contribution or Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- • Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements.
- Create and maintain optimal data architecture
- • Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- • Maintain and improve the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and other technologies.
- • Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- • Work with stakeholders including the Digital FPSO team, Asset Integrity Department, Other Operations departments as well as Shore Bases, Technology Dept. and IT to assist with data related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- • Keep our data separated and secure across operational boundaries.
- • Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our solutions.
- • Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- • Liaise with ICSS’s Asset Integrity department and offshore to map real time equipment data
- • Liaise with Operations Disciplines leads to guarantee the reports/dashboards are working
- • Create tag point in Pi Osisoft Software.
- • Configure Osisoft Pipoints
- • Assure the naming governance is being followed.
- • Liaise with Operations Disciplines, Regions, Offshore Teams to analyze new requirements.
- • Prepares Specifications for Fieldbox modifications or validates other Operations Dept.
- • Specifications.
- • Interacts with IT and coordinates Software vendors
- • Performs tests, checks and user acceptance tests of new scope.
- • Documents and supports change management.
- • Performs Technical Audit
- • Ensure lessons learned are documented and fed back to the relevant parties (O&R, Operations
- • Disciplines IT and Digital FPSO team).
- • Attends training courses, seminars etc. when required.
- • Travels to Shore bases and Vessels offshore as required.
- Education: BSc. or MSc (Preferred) in IT / Computer Science or Engineering (ICSS).
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Data Engineer role or similar, familiar with:
- • SQL and NoSQL databases,
- • Experience PI AF Osisoft systems
- • Data pipeline and workflow management tools
- • Scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc (desirable)
- • Experience with OPC systems (desirable)
- Specific competencies (-):
- • Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query
- authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- • Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- • Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- • Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- • Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- • A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- • Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks, request information as needed and prioritize own work to ensure timely completion of all tasks
- • Strong written and oral English communication skills
- • Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint