Cargo Superintendent - Offshore Worldwide
The Cargo/Marine Superintendent will exhibit exemplary marine skills and safety behaviors and will specifically ensure that all relevant mooring operations and associated marine activities are performed in a safe manner and in accordance with local and maritime regulations and SBM operational procedures. He/she will ensure that associated administration is performed in a timely manner.
Qualification and experience we are looking for:
- Proven experience and results-oriented career AND/OR HND Degree equivalents in appropriate engineering subjects, or STCW Reg. AIII/2 Chief Engineer unlimited, ( motor and steam endorsement preferred) or equivalent.
- 2 Years min as Cargo Superintendent ( or Operation Office based equivalent)
-Experience and knowledge of hydrocarbon processing systems and utility systems, preferred/ in Safety Management in hydrocarbon processing operations.
-Supervisory experience of Permit to work, Mechanical/Electrical Isolation Standars and Risk Assessment. -Medically fit to offshore International standars such as ENG1 or equivalent.
Attitude and personality we are looking for:
- Managerial leadership skills
-Capable of motivating others -Flexible and determined
- Good level of written and spoken English
- Capable of assertive and positive communication Working Conditions - Rotation on 28daysON / 28daysOFF
- Busy multicultural friendly work environment - Permanent position - Competitive salary - Medical and Dental benefits - Extensive safety and technical training provided
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Promote safety awareness and broad application of the Management System, codes of practice and prime policies.
• Ensure all relevant berthing or mooring activities are carried out according to SBM Management System (MS) or equivalent where SBM Management System is to be considered the minimum standards.
• Ensure timely, effective reporting, and investigation of all incidents.
• Ensure timely and effective close-out of survey and audit action items.
• Demonstrate leadership during berthing, mooring, and relevant marine activities.
• Manage the operation of berthing, mooring, and relevant marine activities with effective delegation and communication.
• Delegate authority having due regards for competence and verify effective close out of tasks.
• Liaise effectively with all relevant onshore and offshore departments.
• Promote career development and training of deputies with due regard for all assessments ensuring fairness and accuracy.
• Manage relevant welfare and disciplinary issues in a timely and effective manner.
• Oversee marine operations from prepare to start, monitor and maintain, and shutdown.
• Ensure emergency response training and exercises are conducted effectively and in accordance with requirements.
• Manage emergency response with due regard for safety of personnel, FPSO, and environment to the limit of your responsibility.
• Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of potential emergency scenarios.
• Contribute to effective de-brief and analysis of exercises.
• Ensure unplanned discharges are identified, halted where possible, and reported according to policy, procedure, and regulation.