Manager, Collections Team Management
Job Family: Business Operations
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company's business units. Aims to deliver superior service to clients by driving and optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of people, processes and technology thereby enhancing financial performance, increasing investment capacity, and managing risk. Builds the sustainable repeatable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of service and execution. Analyzes and reviews data tools, business processes and operational standards to execute service delivery. Evaluates and ensures that operations meet company objectives, business needs, service agreements and relevant requirements. Researches and monitors external landscape to identify developments and translate them into operational implications for the company.
Job Function: Auto Loan & Lease Collections
Accountable for the day-to-day support of consumer loan and lease accounts in all stages and statuses in order to ensure that payments are received in a timely manner and to minimize losses. Ensures adherence to internal policy and external regulations. Supports respectful customer experiences throughout life of loan.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Manager, Collection Team Management monitors and directs all collection activities. S/he is is responsible for the coaching, developing, training and motivation of Collection Associates with the objective of preventing and minimizing losses through monitoring calls for quality and adherence to the call model.
- Supervises, trains, and develops Business Operations Managers in collection skills and reporting competencies to maximize the potential of resolving delinquent accounts.
- Executes the vision and direction of the collection center in conjunction with the departmental vision set forth by Executive Management.
- Discusses and reviews collection activity regularly with staff to ensure consistent practices in accordance with all state and federal laws.
- Maintains delinquency and charge off levels.
- Interacts with leadership of other departments to maximize efficiency.
- Communicates with Management regularly regarding apparent trends.
- Continually evaluates and enhances workflow to implement best practices.
- Plans and organizes collection activity.
- Collects in accordance with all state and federal laws, and make effective use of Prime Time calling periods as established with Executive Management.
- Ensures maintenance of up-to-date online documentation for all accounts.
- Coordinates strategies to meet company objectives.
- Compiles and analyses statistical data relative to productivity.
- Develops and manages all direct reports in line with corporate objectives.
- Maintains a comprehensive working knowledge of all systems, policies and procedures.
- Administers disciplinary actions as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manages subordinate managers and professional staff. Is responsible for the strategic guidance, development and evaluation of employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Santander’s policies and applicable laws.
- Education -
- Bachelor's Degree: Business, Finance or equivalent field.
- or equivalent work experience: Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience -
- 3-5 years Three (3) to five (5) years demonstrated leadership and management skills, including training and mentoring skills to coach the staff.
- 5-9 years Five (5) years experience in auto-finance; sub-prime experience.
- Skills & Abilities -
- Superior industry/product knowledge.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, sales and closing skills a must.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office and Collection applications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.