Sr Analyst, Business Controls & Risk Management
- Performs first line of defense data analysis, report preparation and trend analysis, utilizing business intelligence tools.
- Identifies, analyzes, monitors, and completes control testing, control and risk education, and operational and risk support activities to the business.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement that will strengthen the overall control environment.
- Learns to translate control deficiencies into action plans. Contributes to the enhancement of governance practices in alignment with risk and compliance frameworks.
- Conducts periodic risk assessments of operational areas to identify areas of risk, including the documentation of risks, identification of risk owners, measurement of risks, and facilitation of appropriate risk treatment plans
- Partners with management to identify applicable key risk indicators and to coordinate root cause analysis, action plan development and implementation of needed updates. Assist with special projects related to Controls, on an as needed basis.
- Assists in the fulfillment of our external and internal audit requirements around IT SOX
- Assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of our IT risk management framework.
- Assists in the execution of Risk Control Self-Assessments (RCSA's).
- Partners with process owners to identify control failures, and assesses the impact.
- Supports management on the identification and measurement of trends and improvements utilizing best practices.
- Assists with the development and documentation of achievable and sustainable action plans to remediate identified control weaknesses.
- Manages the process of assessing critical risk and controls identified by management.
- Prepares reports and provides insight to business on control / risk management including Error / Near Miss analyses. Responsible for interpreting regulations in order to adjust and improve internal controls.
- Performs ongoing supervision of established business controls and applies maturing knowledge to perform root cause analyses, testing coordination and seeks guidance from team members to evaluate the effectiveness of established business controls.
- Makes recommendations to drive improvement efforts and participates in the remediation through action plan coordination and support.
- Acquires and applies a developing knowledge of changes to the regulatory environment to ensure proper compliance with processes and requirements are followed.
- Education -
- Bachelor's Degree
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience -
- 3-5 years Risk Management
- 3-5 years Banking Industry
- Skills & Abilities -
- Developing knowledge of relevant regulatory compliance, industry regulations and regulatory data sources required.
- Knowledge and working understanding of additional auditing standards, theories, concepts, and terms (including Sarbanes-Oxley, COBIT and the COSO Integrated Control Framework).
- Issue management experience (validation, mapping to controls, remediation planning, tracking and reporting).
- Knowledge and experience with IT risk management and use of control frameworks.
- Control testing experience.
- Operational Risk Management Experience.
- Experience working with metric stream.
- Experience in gap or risk analysis.
- Strong collaboration and relationship management skills.
- Control mindset.
- High sense of urgency with ability to drive results.
- Demonstrable evidence of stakeholder management.
- Effective multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Self starter, able to establish relationships and transcend multiple cross-functional/divisional boundaries, largely unaided.
- Ability to handle diverse workload and tight schedules.
- Strong risk assessment, negotiation and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to lead and drive change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
- Solid understanding of GAAP.
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid time management and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to interpret and analyze data with advanced reasoning and analysis skills.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in Santander
- Completion of at least twelve months in current position
- Be in “Good Standing”
Please click here to see the full policy - https://tbcdn.talentbrew.com/company/1771/internal_v2_0/img/eligibility.pdf
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply