Representative, Recovery and Reinstatement - Impounds
Job Family: Business Operations
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company's business units. Aims to deliver superior service to clients by driving and optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of people, processes and technology thereby enhancing financial performance, increasing investment capacity, and managing risk. Builds the sustainable repeatable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of service and execution. Analyzes and reviews data tools, business processes and operational standards to execute service delivery. Evaluates and ensures that operations meet company objectives, business needs, service agreements and relevant requirements. Researches and monitors external landscape to identify developments and translate them into operational implications for the company.
Job Function: Auto Loan & Lease Recovery
Manages the day-to-day operations of consumer severely past due customer accounts in order to minimize losses and secure collateral. Ensures adherence to internal policy and external regulations. Supports respectful customer experiences throughout life of loan.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Representative, Recovery and Reinstatement assists with the receipt, review, validation and approval or rejection of vendors invoices.S/he will also assist the Recovery and Reinstatement team performing general functions and assisting with administrative and clerical work to facilitate timely redemptions.
- Receives inbound calls from agents with updated information on accounts identified as pending redemptions.
- Places outbound follow up calls to vendors to verify paperwork.
- Assists Reinstatement coordinators with timely updates from other departments and vendors.
- Generates daily reports and distribute to Reinstatement team members and/or management.
- Assists in identifying proper billing arrangements on release documents.
- Processes incoming faxes and email requests pertaining to redemptions, settlements, payment information and resolve or forward them for proper handling.
- Reviews/processes vendor invoices for coding, approval/rejection and/or resolution via electronic system (Catalyst).
- Reviews, researches and reconciles vendor fees against customer account activities.
- Analyzes historical vendor/invoicing data.
- Manages vendor billing inquiries by providing accurate and timely resolution/support/feedback.
- Manages departmental invoicing queues.
- Maintains and amends vendor demographic information (including but not limited to remittance addresses, points of contact, fee schedules, etc.)
- Manages internal or external customer or vendor request(s) via email including but not limited to lien verification requests, document requests, letters, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education -
- Bachelor's Degree: Business, Finance, or equivalent degree.
- or equivalent work experience: Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience -
- 0-3 years Six (6) months general office experience or collections experience desired.
- Skills & Abilities -
- General knowledge of collections policies and procedures and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- In depth knowledge of repossession and invoicing procedures is essential.
- Accurate data entry, typing and ten-key skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.