Sr. Analyst, Business Control & Risk Management
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Sr. Analyst, Business Control & Risk Management operates within the First Line of Defense and is responsible for various activities related to risk management framework. Works to identify, assess, and action various risks throughout the assigned business line by executing defined risk programs. The Sr. Analyst will become a subject matter expert and assist with completion of business line risk initiatives, as assigned, such as risk assessments, KRI/KPI development and monitoring, and on-time remediation of issues. The Sr. Analyst is responsible for developing, analyzing, reporting and challenging data. They participate in initiatives and recommends opportunities for improved efficiency, effectiveness and/or risk reduction.
- Performs first line of defense data analysis, report preparation and trend analysis, utilizing business intelligence tools.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement that will strengthen the overall control environment.
- Partners with management to identify applicable key risk indicators and to coordinate root cause analysis, action plan development and implementation of needed updates. Assist with special projects related to Controls, on an as needed basis.
- Assists in the fulfillment of our external and internal audit requirements
- Assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of our risk management framework.
- Assists in the execution of Risk Control Self-Assessments (RCSA's).
- Supports management on the identification and measurement of trends and improvements utilizing best practices.
- Manages the process of assessing critical risk and controls identified by management for applicability of key risk indicators
- Prepares reports and provides insight to business on control / risk management
- Makes recommendations to drive improvement efforts and participates in the remediation through action plan coordination and support.
- Acquires and applies a developing knowledge of changes to the regulatory environment to ensure proper compliance with processes and requirements are followed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education -
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience -
- 3-5 years Risk Management preferred
- 1-3 years Banking Industry
Skills & Abilities -
- Self starter, able to establish relationships and transcend multiple cross-functional/divisional boundaries, largely unaided.
- Ability to handle diverse workload and tight schedules.
- Effective multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Access, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and SQL
- Developing knowledge of relevant regulatory compliance, industry regulations and regulatory data sources required.
- Knowledge and working understanding of auditing standards, theories, concepts, and terms.
- Issue management experience (validation, mapping to controls, remediation planning, tracking and reporting).
- Knowledge and experience with IT risk management and use of control frameworks.
- Operations risk management experience.
- Experience with metric data analysis, reporting, and presentation.
- Experience in risk analysis including risk mitigation and control knowledge,
- Strong collaboration and relationship management skills.
- High sense of urgency with ability to drive results.
- Strong risk assessment, negotiation and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to lead and drive change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
- Solid time management and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to interpret and analyze data with advanced reasoning and analysis skills.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.