Senior Account Services Specialist JR7511
With over 3.1 million customers and $60 billion in managed assets, Santander Consumer USA (NYSE: SC) is a full-service, technology-driven consumer finance company focused on vehicle finance and third-party servicing. Additionally, operating as Chrysler Capital we provide full-spectrum automotive finance for Chrysler Group dealers; direct-to-consumer lending solutions; plus fleet, lease, floorplan and business lending solutions. We are committed to providing excellent service to our customers, our people and our community by placing our Simple, Personal, and Fair values at the center of everything we do. For more information visit http://www.santanderconsumerusa.com
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage which you are eligible for on your date of hire. We also offer a minimum of 18 days of PTO, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) with immediate company match of 6% and volunteer PTO time. In this role, you are also eligible for a monthly incentive.
We are currently seeking Customer Assistance Account Specialists to join our team. The main focus of this role is to evaluate a customer’s account for all possible assistance tools in accordance with applicable regulatory guidance and internal policy and procedures.
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company's business units. Aims to deliver superior service to clients by driving and optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of people, processes and technology thereby enhancing financial performance, increasing investment capacity, and managing risk. Builds the sustainable repeatable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of service and execution. Analyzes and reviews data tools, business processes and operational standards to execute service delivery. Evaluates and ensures that operations meet company objectives, business needs, service agreements and relevant requirements. Researches and monitors external landscape to identify developments and translate them into operational implications for the company.
- Probes customer to determine root cause of account delinquency and offers appropriate or applicable assistance tools.
- Effectively communicates how assistance programs work and any potential impact to customer and account.
- Collects in accordance with all state and federal laws inclusive of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Analyzes loan history and determines the best course of action for the customer in resolving the problem permanently.
- Successfully utilizes all collection tools provided by management, including, but not limited to, extensions, maturity and hardship modifications, to make the best business decision for Santander Consumer USA Inc. and the customer.
- Has authority to independently negotiate with the customer on Auto Loan Modifications and extensions within company guidelines.
- Performs additional duties as requested, needed, or assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1+ years of relative experience.
- Broad knowledge of collection policies and procedures and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Broad understanding of the collections practices and procedures.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and acceptance of change in a dynamic financial environment.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations.
- Accurate data entry, typing and ten-key skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain poise under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Strong negotiation skills.