Sr. Manager of Communications
Samsung Strategy and Innovation Center (SSIC) Mission
At the Samsung Strategy and Innovation Center (SSIC), we discover and develop groundbreaking technologies to help people around the world lead happier, healthier, richer lives.
Founded in 2012 and led by Samsung Electronics President and Chief Strategy Officer, Young Sohn, SSIC works with entrepreneurs and strategic partners to foster disruptive technologies, invest in promising startups, and build new business lines through M&A and strategic partnerships. Our work spans across a range of technologies, including artificial intelligence, autonomous mobility, digital health, Internet of Things, cloud data infrastructure, privacy, and security.
Through our commitment to developing innovative, reliable products and services, recruiting top-tier talent, upholding the responsibilities of global citizenship, and collaborating with our partners and customers, SSIC is imagining the technologies that will reshape the world.
SSIC has offices in Menlo Park and San Jose, California, with additional locations in Paris, France; Tel Aviv, Israel; and Seoul, South Korea.
Overview & Impact:
“We partner with innovators to build ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses that leverage and transform the Samsung ecosystem”.
We started in 2013 on a mission to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung. What began as a small group has since become a global organization working to realize this vision and the ideas of innovators everywhere. Each of our partners share our passion for building deeper connections and seamless experiences to inspire the world and create the future.
The Sr. Manager of Communications will lead the development and execution of the Samsung Strategy and Innovation Center (SSIC) communications strategy and PR programs.
In this exciting role you will build and advance the company’s image and reputation, drive engagement with entrepreneurs, industry influencers and policy makers, employees and the broader Samsung organization.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute the global communications strategy in coordination with senior leadership and corporate teams.
- Develop compelling narratives and storylines that fully represent and express the value propositions for our investment areas including AI, mobility and automotive, cloud infrastructure, healthcare and life sciences.
- Develop PR programs, initiatives and campaigns that drive awareness and brand affinity and advocacy of SSIC.
- Create an integrated thought leadership platform that harnesses our executive voices, while utilizing all aspects integrated marketing (digital and social communications, events, speaking engagements, etc.) to amplify our mission, vision and unique perspective.
- Lead strategy and execution for organization's announcements (innovation, investments, acquisitions and corporate strategy, etc.).
- Develop and execute strategic communications for executives including executive coaching, key messaging, talking points, keynotes, bylines, briefing documents, FAQs, positioning statements, press releases, presentations, and other collateral.
- Partner with the team to drive an exciting employee engagement strategy that ignites employees and builds brand advocates and evangelists.
- Manage external PR agency to develop and drive strategic communications and PR campaigns
- Partner, collaborate and coordinate with Samsung Corporate Communications and global business unit teams.
- Play your part in helping to further develop and manage best-in-class communications and PR team.
- BA/BS in public relations, communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in corporate communications and PR (traditional, digital, social and print media; reputation management; crisis communications; internal communications), ideally in-house. Must have technology experience and understanding of startups and startup culture.
- Established media relationships and demonstrated success securing interviews, creating and executing PR campaigns and measuring effectiveness
- Experience building executive thought leadership platforms.
- Exceptional writing/editing and storytelling skills.
- Team-player and builder who can execute and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative-thinker and passionate about brand storytelling, PR and tech.
For this role, you will be asked to pitch and present to senior management, provide writing samples, and deliver your best ideas.