Director, HR Business Partner
Director, HR Business Partner
Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. is a world leader in Memory, System LSI and Display technologies. We are currently searching for a highly talented and motivated leader to join our growing Human Resources organization as HRBP Director. This position reports to the VP, Human Resources and is responsible for the overall strategy and operations of our HRBP team.
We are looking for a dynamic, highly-motivated and experienced Director of HR Business Partner team. This role will provide leadership and management expertise supporting various business functions within the organization. This highly visible position will play a key role and work with the company's senior leadership team to align HR initiatives with business strategy to support the company’s growth and success. This key leadership role will report to the VP of Human Resources.
In this position you will lead a staff of HR Business partners for the R&D, Sales and Support Staff functions within SSI. You will lead the team to support effectiveness through alignment of people, process, structure and culture with business strategies. To achieve this you will apply leading key HR practices with deep understanding of our business, culture and our short and long-term goals.
- Scope of responsibility will be both at a strategic and tactical level, partnering with Executive Staff and providing guidance and direction to HR Business Partner team members.
- Partner with the business to identify, develop and drive key initiatives, including leadership development, talent/performance management, change management, workforce and succession planning, employee and career development, performance management, rewards and recognition, and coaching (employee and manager).
- Must be a self-starter and be able to handle ambiguous situations to provide guidance to business groups and staff
- Coordinate closely with HR Centers of Excellence (COE) and headquarters to deliver HR programs to the business including engagement survey, performance management and annual rewards, talent management, workforce planning, and leadership development
- Build and cultivate strong relationships with business leaders and key stakeholders; partner with colleagues inside and outside of HR to innovate, enhance, align and drive the effectiveness of HR initiatives.
- Conduct organizational assessments and develop/drive initiatives to close gaps and implement necessary solutions to ensure a high-performing workforce; Provide guidance and strategic direction to client organizations.
- Lead change management efforts and special projects to foster the effective adoption of evolving organization strategies, processes, and programs.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, Business/Human Resources preferred
- PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certifications a plus
- 15+ years progressive HR experience, 12 years in an HR Business Partner role
- Demonstrated track record of managing and leading a team of HR Business Partners
- The position requires solid strategic and tactical HR orientation, with strong analytical and communication skills and the demonstrated ability to solve problems quickly and creatively
- Must have excellent project management skills, and proficient in Excel
- Ability to motivate and influence positive behaviors throughout the organization
- Takes the initiative with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude and a continuous improvement mindset
- Proven ability to develop relationships and partnerships at all levels of the organization, exhibit strong leadership and influencing skills, and execute, implement, and lead change management initiatives