Cellular Engineer - IMS/Telephony
Cellular Engineer - Customer Support IMS/Telephony
OVERVIEW & IMPACT
Samsung SOC R&D Lab is looking for Cellular engineer to join the team of engineers with start-up spirit to commercialize the world-class cellular modem SW. The candidate is expected to bring passion, innovation and strong execution in cellular group for commercialization of Samsung Modem.
- Commercialization of Samsung Exynos modem in North American market
- Understanding of North American Cellular carrier requirements.
- Field/Equipment Log Analysis for new features and debugging for 5G/4G/3G/2G/CDMA technologies.
- Participate in new feature development and debugging for North American carrier requirements.
- Manage daily Customer interactions and issues.
- Working with off-shore teams.
- Work closely with global protocol team to resolve North America customer issues found in lab/field/IOT/carrier test
REQUIRED SKILLS (Education Certificates, Licenses, Travel)
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering with 1+ industry experience. Masters degree related to communication area is preferred.
- Ability to take ownership and bring innovations in development of commercial Modem/AP SW.
- Good understanding of 3GPP 5G/4G/3G/2G and 3GPP2 CDMA systems.
- Good understanding of GSMA IR92/IR94 IMS/RCS/VoLTE/VoWIFI/VTLTE/SRVCC/VoNR/VoIP
- Ability to analyze Wireshark logs to debug issues.
- Good understanding of Android Telephony, Framework and RIL
- Good understanding of North American (VZW/TMO/ATT/SPR) IMS/RCS carrier requirements
- Programming skills (C, C++, and Java)
- Ability to analyze Apps crashes and debug adb logs
- Experience working with TE (R&S/ANITE/ANRITSU/SPIRENT) box