Technical Marketing and Customer Engineering Manager for Automotive
Job Title: Technical Marketing and Customer Engineering Manager for Automotive (Detroit)
Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. is a world leader in Memory, Foundry, System LSI, Display, and LED technologies. We are currently searching for a highly talented and motivated person to join our growing Customer Engineering organization as Technical Marketing and Customer Engineering Manager for Automotive. This is an individual contributor role with responsibility for several key accounts. The ideal candidate will be responsible for technical support and design-in of existing and future Samsung Memory (DRAM/FLASH) for Automotive Business.
- Design In: Enable Global Sales by Collaborating directly with the customer's design/development engineers/managers and various internal planning and marketing teams to assure that the best Samsung products are designed in to the customer's systems.
- Work to identify the most optimum solution considering key variables such as memory type, density, speed, power, cost effectivity, lifecycle, and availability; all while emphasizing Samsung's business and technological interests.
- Conduct technical meetings to promote new products and address technical issues.
- Identify and communicate customer needs and customers technical requirements.
- Drive development and quality teams to fulfil customers’ requirements.
- Track projects and anticipate customer’s requests
- Timely support customers with documentation material
- Supply beta samples and engineering samples and follow up of sample usage
- Support sales and marketing during volume business phase
- Ensure new application survey and report (new technologies; future roadmaps – product and system level)
- Learn, understand, and document customer's roadmap and technical objectives. Present these technical trend data to key Samsung personnel such as sales, marketing, and planning teams.
- Present Samsung's technical trend information and roadmaps to customer's key engineers and management. Work with them to assure that their future product demands are congruent with Samsung’s future product offerings.
- Manage quality issues at the customer. Involve all applicable teams from Samsung. Manage and host any dialogs (con call and/or F2F) with the Samsung Field Applications and the customer's representatives.
- Escalate to appropriate business or technical directors if higher customer involvement is needed to conclude Root Cause Analysis. Must be generally familiar with semiconductor testing processes, various Field Application techniques, and general semiconductor fabrication technology/processing.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with Key design/development engineers and managers.
- Manage qualifications at customer sites, including those at their various subcontractors (ODMs, CMs, etc.). Support data sheets, sample requests, SPD maps, and simulation models, to customer etc. to facilitate design in
- Strive to assure that Samsung is qualified in every possible memory application. Report quality status and estimated quality completions to Samsung management on a regular basis, highlighting obstacles and strategies.
- Train and direct all applicable field sales resources (SSI sales, Reps & Distributors and FAEs) on product roadmap and offerings, key focus products, how to target memory design-wins, providing sales enabling tools, application notes, etc. to enable design-wins & memory sales.
- 5+ years semiconductor industry experience, strong understanding of memory products, ecosystem and roadmaps
- 2+ years automotive industry experience and understanding ecosystem
- Strong customer orientation
- Very good communication skills and ability to negotiate at all levels
- Self-starter with ability to work under minimum supervision
- Assertive, determined, flexible and creative personality
- Very good written and spoken English
- BS/MS CE/EE/Technical Background
- Good understanding of semiconductor (DRAM & CPU/GPU/SOC) industry ecosystem: vendors/suppliers, partners, OEM/ODM/CM, influencers
- Ability to work with global stake holders. Cope with foreign cultures, customs
- Experience as a customer working with multiple suppliers
- Experience as a supplier working with various customers
Samsung Semiconductor Inc. (SSI), an equal opportunity employer, is a world leader in Memory, System LSI, and LCD technologies. Headquartered in San Jose, California, SSI is a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.- the second largest semiconductor manufacturer in the world and the industry's volume and technology leader in DRAM, NAND Flash, SSDs, mobile DRAM and graphics memory. It is one of the largest providers of system logic, imaging and LED lighting solutions, as well as providing advanced process design and manufacturing for fabless companies. Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. also has a research and innovation center with numerous labs providing product design and research in: logic, memory, image sensors, displays and mobile technologies. In addition, the company supports Samsung Display Company, the largest producer of LCD and OLED displays.
A day in the life Samsung Video: http://bit.ly/1saHOGu
Click here to visit our Samsung Semiconductor Career Page