Strategic Planning (Sr. Manager/ Manager)
Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. is a world leader in Semiconductor Memory, Logic, Storage, and Display technologies. The markets in which we compete are going through a once-in-a-generation shift that will have a profound impact on our businesses. A wide range of emerging applications, from AI to autonomous driving are redefining who our customers are, the products we sell, and the way we go to market.
To help guide Samsung’s semiconductor and display businesses through these changing times we have created a US-based strategic planning team. This team is charged with sensing new opportunities and threats, and leading cross-functional teams to define how Samsung Semiconductor will respond. This dynamic team also manages Government Relations, University Relations, and operations for both Sales Marketing and R&D.
As (Sr.) Manager of Strategic Planning team, you will be required to wear many hats and move quickly between a wide variety of exciting, complex, and impactful projects that span strategic planning, corporate development, business development, and operations.
- Understand Semiconductor industry and shape the company’s strategy and mission
- Creates and updates comprehensive industry, competitor and customer models including, but not limited to, market share, growth projections and trends, and market forces.
- Meet with industry’s leading organizations to identify competitive environment, providing insights that support strategic decision-making for leadership.
- Performs thorough, systematic analysis of key industry trends; the general social economic and geopolitical environment; legal and regulatory issues; customers; current and potential competitors.
- Provides market and competitive insights through presentations and reports to the Executive Leadership Team and various internal management teams to allow effective strategic and tactical decision-making and implementation.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of data sources, evaluating their credibility and potential utility, and leverages them across the company where appropriate.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/customers/organization/government for the flawless execution of projects and develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and manage changes to the project scope and schedule
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/customers/organization
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to plan and create value connecting to projects
- Develops and maintains relationships with key external stakeholders to identify emerging needs and business challenges.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering related
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and bias toward action
- Understanding of market research and data analysis
- Excellent communication skills including effective written communication and public speaking skills
- Skilled at multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Work experience in IT/semiconductor industry required
- Previous experience in investment banking, government relation, corporate strategy, business development, and management consulting.
- Working knowledge of data center or semiconductor industry and products e.g. DRAM, NAND, CPU, application processors, CMOS image sensors, OLED displays
- Ability to travel frequently
- Bilingual in Korean and English is nice to have