Director, Corporate Strategy
At the Samsung Strategy and Innovation Center (SSIC), we discover and develop groundbreaking technologies to help people around the world lead happier, healthier, richer lives.
Founded in 2012 and led by Samsung Electronics President and Chief Strategy Officer, Young Sohn, SSIC works with entrepreneurs and strategic partners to foster disruptive technologies, invest in promising startups, and build new business lines through M&A and strategic partnerships. Our work spans across a range of technologies, including artificial intelligence, autonomous mobility, digital health, Internet of Things, cloud data infrastructure, privacy, and security.
Through our commitment to developing innovative, reliable products and services, recruiting top-tier talent, upholding the responsibilities of global citizenship, and collaborating with our partners and customers, SSIC is imagining the technologies that will reshape the world.
SSIC has offices in Menlo Park and San Jose, California, with additional locations in Paris, France; Tel Aviv, Israel; and Seoul, South Korea.
About the Team and Role:
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Analyst of Strategy to help drive corporate-level strategies for new high growth businesses through M&A, investments, and partnerships. He or she will have the opportunity to work closely with internal and external business and technology leaders to shape the vision for the future of our most innovative businesses. We are a fast-paced and rapidly expanding team with a broad and ambitious mandate to accelerate Samsung’s growth – this is an opportunity for the right candidate to work on headline grabbing deals and impact Samsung’s strategy and inorganic growth across multiple sectors.
- Providing leadership in the development of both overall corporate-level business strategy, and specific recommendations to execute through M&A, strategic investments, joint ventures, and partnerships
- Developing market intelligence and insight on key industry trends (technology, IP, competitors, consumers, regulatory, etc.) and their strategic implications to Samsung
- Understanding latest market trends and industry dynamics by maintaining close relationship with both internal and external expert networks
- Preparing and presenting strategic plans and opportunities to senior management
- Collaborating with global business units to align on strategic directions
- Assist in live M&A execution and business development activities as a subject matter and industry expert
Qualifications & Experiences:
- 10+ years or equivalent experience developing C-level strategy for technology companies: at a leading management consulting firm (technology client work), top tier investment bank (technology banking), tech focused VC/PE firm, or corporate strategy role at a major technology company
- Substantial industry experience/knowledge in technology: smart machines (artificial intelligence, robotics, autonomous technologies), infrastructure (semiconductors, telecommunications) businesses, or software/services (cloud, consumer/Internet, enterprise IT)
- Subject matter expertise emerging technologies with broad market perspective and an innate passion and curiosity for technology
- Managed small to mid-sized diverse team of technical and business staff
- Technical degree in engineering, computer science, pure or applied sciences (i.e., related to Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Biochemistry) or mathematics with excellent academic track record desired; MBA preferred, but not required
- Practical knowledge of finance, strong analytical ability and oral and written communication skills
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Personable, collaborative, and demonstrated ability to lead and work cooperatively with diverse team members; true team player in every sense of the word
- Enthusiastic, self-confident, humble, exceptional work ethic, and intellectually curious to challenge, debate and clarify assumptions
- High ethical standards and good judgment
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent execution skills and ability to follow up and complete any projects
- A willingness to hold themselves and others accountable to maintain a high standard of excellence in everything