Senior Account Executive, New Business, Whisk
This role is part of the Whisk product team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization.
Whisk has built a multi-sided marketplace over the past 7 years that delivers value to each member of the network such as Publishers, Retailers, IOT & Health, and Brands. Whisk also has a consumer experience, my.whisk.com for shopping lists, saved recipes, and other potential experiences.
Whisk joined Samsung NEXT in March and there are plans to invest more heavily in the platform, to scale the business and grow each aspect of the network (publisher, retailer, IOT, Health, Brands, & B2C). Each investment should not only add value to its own experience but also to the network of partners overall.
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
This is a remote position based in the US. As a New Business Senior Account Executive, you are a skilled relationship builder with a passion for smart technology and a taste for rapid growth. You will be as comfortable painting a vision of an AI powered future to C-level execs or demonstrating our technology on a zoom meeting as you are talking about integrations with a customer’s tech team.
- New customer acquisition and driving new revenue for North America
- Owning the sales cycle from qualified lead to close
- Developing and executing a lead generation and outbound plan to build sales pipeline
- Researching and creating your own opportunities
- Drafting commercial terms, pricing proposals and managing the contract process.
- Seamlessly transitioning new clients to our Account Management and Customer Success teams with complete requirements and documentation to ensure successful delivery
- Contributing to the product roadmap evolution by identifying and representing customer pain points and opportunities that improve existing products and create new opportunities
- Maintaining accurate, effective forecasts and deal records within the CRM
- 8-10 years experience in New Business Development
- Track record of exceeding sales targets
- A passion for selling technical SaaS solutions with contract sizes ranging from $20K - $150K
- Experience selling to brands, grocers or publishers
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; able to win the confidence of any audience
- Strong selling, negotiating and closing skills
- Natural enthusiasm to adopt new tech - comfortable with any CRM tool or video platform
- Ability to travel extensively
- Customer centred approach
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
About Samsung NEXT
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
- Venture - Investing in early stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.