This role is part of the Whisk team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization.
Whisk has built a multi-sided marketplace over the past 7 years that delivers value to each member of the network such as Publishers, Retailers, IOT & Health, and Brands. Whisk also has a consumer experience, my.whisk.com for shopping lists, saved recipes, and other potential experiences. Whisk joined Samsung NEXT in March and there are plans to invest more heavily in the platform, to scale the business and grow each aspect of the network (publisher, retailer, IOT, Health, Brands, & B2C). Each investment should not only add value to its own experience but also to the network of partners overall.
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
As a Software Architect, you will:
- Participate in solution architecture for Whisk new services
- Design systems for high-performance and scalability in mind
- Design internal and public APIs
- Design and develop data flows
- Plan stress tests, performance evaluations
- Establish best practices among product teams
- Minimum 5 years of engineering experience.
- Track record of designing and delivering scalable architecture, systems, and products.
- Hands-on experience working with different types of databases.
- Outstanding performer, persistent and pro-active leader, detailed oriented, and driven to exceed expectations.
- Good communication, verbal and written skills in English.
- Good knowledge of Scala
- Basic understanding of Machine Learning, enough for collaboration between teams.
- Experience creating geo-distributed architectures
About Samsung NEXT
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
- Venture - Investing in early stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.