Global Diversity and Inclusion Lead
About Samsung NEXT
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Venture - Investing in early stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
As the Global Diversity and Inclusion lead, you will work with the People Operations team and greater NEXT organization to focus on D&I projects and initiatives both internal to NEXT employees and external to our recruits, clients, and customers. The development of a D&I strategy, implementation of global programming and creation and tracking of metrics will be vital in guiding the company towards progress in D&I. Externally, the D&I Program Lead will partner with our Marketing and Communications team for external events, sponsorships and speaking engagements, and work to develop strategies for increasing our work with diverse founders and entrepreneurs across our Ventures, Product, and Business Development functions.
- Bring experience in developing D&I best practices to create programs aligned to the business needs and goals of Samsung NEXT; exhibit strategic D&I skills and strong track record of successfully implementing programs and initiatives
- Deliver innovative ideas to broaden our D&I portfolio and create and drive measurable business results
- Communicate and influence a broad range of employees and leadership regularly as a subject matter expert for D&I
- Partner with local Samsung subsidiaries to understand and influence D&I initiatives at a broader Samsung-level
- Conduct market and program research, analysis, and positioning to set program goals and establish metrics for all assigned programs
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate D&I issues and risks at multiple levels
- Foster a people-centric environment that embraces change and promotes the fluid exchange of ideas
- Work with cross-functional teams, including MarComms, Ventures, Legal, Finance, and Operations to execute internal and external programs
- Drive culture and collaborate closely with leadership to create and implement D&I solutions that align with, and reflect, our mission, culture, and overall business strategy
- 5+ years’ experience designing and delivering D&I programs, including talent and culture programs
- 5+ years’ project management experience
- Experience delivering projects for large, global, cross-functional audiences, internal and external
- Experience developing learning resources and services
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job experience
- Problem-solving, data analytics, and reporting experience
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.