Global Diversity and Inclusion Lead
Samsung NEXT builds, grows and scales software and services to complement Samsung’s global hardware footprint. A leading driver of Samsung’s transformation into an integrated hardware and software company, Samsung NEXT combines product development, investment, M&A and partnerships under one roof.
We started in 2013 on a mission to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung. Our small group is now a global organization that has empowered thousands of entrepreneurs around the world who share our passion for executing against big and bold ideas and building, growing and scaling businesses. Despite this growth, we’re still a startup at heart.
We focus on cutting-edge software and services such as IoT, AI, AR/VR, Data Analytics, Cybersecurity and other transformative frontier technologies. We operate across offices in Mountain View, San Francisco, New York City in the United States; Tel Aviv in Israel; Berlin in Germany; and Seoul in South Korea.
The Global Diversity and Inclusion Partner will work with the People Operations team and greater NEXT organization to focus on D&I projects and initiatives both internal to NEXT employees, and external to our recruits, clients, and customers. The development of a D&I strategy, implementation of global programming and creation and tracking of metrics will be key in guiding the company towards progress in D&I. Externally, the D&I Program Lead will partner with our Marketing and Communications team for external events, sponsorships and speaking engagements, and work to develop strategies for increasing our work with diverse founders and entrepreneurs across our Ventures, Product, and Business Development functions.
- Bring experience in developing D&I best practices to create programs aligned to the business needs and goals of Samsung NEXT; exhibit strategic D&I skills and strong track record of successfully implementing programs and initiatives
- Deliver innovative ideas to broaden our D&I portfolio and create and drive measurable business results
- Communicate and influence a large range of employees and leadership on a regular basis as a subject matter expert for D&I
- Partner with local Samsung subsidiaries to understand and influence D&I initiatives at a broader Samsung-level
- Conduct market and program research, analysis, and positioning to set program goals and establish metrics for all assigned programs
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate D&I issues and risks at multiple levels
- Foster a people-centric environment that embraces change and promotes the fluid exchange of ideas
- Work with cross-functional teams, including MarComms, Ventures, Legal, Finance and Operations to execute internal and external programs
- Drive culture and collaborate closely with leadership to create and implement D&I solutions that align with, and reflect, our mission, culture and overall business strategy
- 5+ years’ experience designing and delivering D&I programs, including talent and culture programs
- 5+ years’ project management experience
- Experience delivering projects for large, global, cross-functional audiences, internal and external
- Experience developing learning resources and services
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job experience