About Samsung NEXT
Founded in 2012, our mission is to transform Samsung through software and services innovation. We accomplish this via four key functions:
- Partnerships - Partnering with companies to create innovative new software and services.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with Samsung
- Ventures - Investing in early stage startups to explore new technologies and business models..
- Product - Building new software and services businesses in-house
We operate across offices in Mountain View, San Francisco, New York City in the United States; Tel Aviv in Israel; Berlin in Germany; and Seoul in South Korea.
We are looking for a Manager to join our Partnerships team to support our internal product development initiatives. The role will primarily be based in Mountain View (with some work at our office in San Francisco).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead and own partnership activities for Samsung NEXT product initiatives, ranging from strategy development through execution
- Work closely with leads of the Samsung NEXT product organization to coordinate partnership efforts and prioritize appropriately
- Support the Samsung NEXT partnerships team in its efforts to develop new growth strategies and drive new partnerships: research, strategy, internal evangelism, partner outreach, and developing business agreements -- with a focus on companies whose software or services complement Samsung’s own offerings
- Support other projects and events across the Samsung NEXT functional teams
Desired Skills & Experience
- Undergraduate degree with a strong academic record
- 4-6 years of professional experience in business development at a high-growth, early stage company (B2B experience preferred)
- Experience managing the entire partner lifecycle, including strategy, sourcing, deal negotiation, and ongoing relationship management
- Strong skills in strategy development, presentation development and financial modelling for effective communication of business proposals to partners and upper management
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills & executive presence: confidence and poise in presenting to executive management
- Ability to learn and effectively communicate the benefits of multiple new technologies, including AI, machine learning, and others
- Extraordinary focus on detail, accuracy, and quality
- Experience with CRM/PRM systems like Salesforce
- Some domestic and international travel required
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.