Dir of Talent Acquisition
We started in 2012 on a mission to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung. Since then, our small group has become a global organization that has empowered thousands of entrepreneurs around the world who share our passion for executing against big and bold ideas and building, growing and scaling businesses.
Our team develops products, invests in startups and acquires businesses ready for scale. With a focus on cutting-edge software and services such as IoT, AI, AR/VR, Data Analytics, Cybersecurity and other transformative frontier technologies, we collaborate with seasoned founders and talented companies, providing our capital, resources, expertise and deep connections. We operate across offices in Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Francisco, New York City in the United States; Tel Aviv in Israel; Berlin in Germany; and Seoul in South Korea.
The Director, Talent Acquisition is responsible for managing proactive talent acquisition strategies for Samsung NEXT to ensure it has the best possible talent to meet current and future business needs. This role will continue to build talent acquisition programs that strengthen the organization's capabilities in attracting, assessing, selecting and onboarding world-class talent.
- Lead the talent acquisition function and growing team of 8, including recruiters, sourcers, and recruiting coordinators.
- Ensure consistent and efficient sourcing, interviewing, and hiring processes, while maintaining a positive candidate and client experience.
- Seek out and leverage industry, competitor, and other business trends to influence strategies, technologies and team skills.
- Provide ongoing education and training to enable hiring managers and teams to attract and hire top talent.
- Build a diverse pipeline through identifying, cultivating, and leveraging sources of diverse talent.
- Own brand strategy and develop a talent community, in order to strategically build a continuous pipeline.
- Drive the TA social media strategy, which will include but not be limited to LinkedIn, The Muse, Facebook, and Glassdoor.
- Manage college recruiting, employee referral, immigration, and relocation programs.
- Track and analyze recruiting metrics to inform decisions and ongoing process and tools improvements.
- Communicate with key stakeholders on position requirements, expectations, status, hiring strategy, etc.
- Ensure recruiting process, interviews, and documentation is in compliance with legal requirements and guidelines in all countries in which the company does business.
- Maintain our Jobvite applicant tracking system.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 8 years’ talent acquisition experience; and a minimum of 3 years of progressive managerial experience in recruitment.
- Proven track record in building and maintaining a high-quality talent acquisition function.
- In-depth recruiting and sourcing experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; thorough understanding of traditional and cutting-edge sourcing strategies and methodologies to include utilization of social media to recruit passive and active as well as expand employment brand.
- Experience growing and scaling a team with distributed offices and the ability to effectively manage remotely.
- Solid understanding of how to use data and metrics to give the business an accurate picture of recruiting health.
- Must possess strong business acumen, the ability to drive results through others, strong analytical and negotiation skills, excellent process orientation.
- Strong strategic planning and organizational skills.
- High level of professionalism, personal integrity, and dependability.
- Proven ability to meet established and quantifiable goals in a timely manner.
- Previous experience in optimizing applicant tracking systems is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws, government regulations, professional “best practices” and industry trends as they apply to the HR staffing function required.