MBA, Intern Global Expansion
We partner with innovators to build ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses that leverage and transform the Samsung ecosystem.
We started in 2012 on a mission to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung. Since then, our small group has become a global organization that has empowered thousands of entrepreneurs around the world who share our passion for executing against big and bold ideas and building, growing and scaling businesses.
Our team develops products, invests in startups and acquires businesses ready for scale. With a focus on cutting edge software and services such as IoT, AI, AR/VR, Data Analytics, Cyber security and other transformative frontier technologies, we collaborate with seasoned founders and talented companies, providing our capital, resources, expertise and deep connections. We operate across offices in Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Francisco, New York City in the United States; Tel Aviv in Israel; Berlin in Germany; and Seoul in South Korea.
The internship program will run for 12-15 weeks, starting in early June.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The MBA Summer Intern will report to the global expansion head and work across NEXT. Responsibilities will include:
- Insights and Strategy Creation: Study changing tech trends and consumer behaviors among the “next billion” in emerging markets. Identify areas of interest for NEXT – both in terms of new markets as well as new consumer segments.
- International Operations: Analyze activities in markets activated in 2018/2019. Create a ‘playbook’ of recommendations for successful market activations. Bring original thought around scaling more leanly across the globe.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Full-time student currently enrolled in a leading MBA program
- 4+ years in consulting/research/operations/product management (bonus points if you have international expansion experience)
- Proven experience creating and delivering strategic recommendations
- Excellent business writing capabilities and ability to convey complex concepts simply and concisely
- A demonstrated passion for technology and a clear POV on a number of core industries and trends
- Positive attitude and self-starter - we’re not looking for jerks or slouches, just smart hustlers looking to build something great
Furthermore, if this role is for you, you’re a high-energy, culture creator who loves international operations and early stage investing, who wants to get your hands dirty driving both startup and Samsung NEXT’s global success. You thrive working in teams, but also are comfortable in open space and enjoy creating and leading new projects independently. Our core values below are critical to what we do and how we do it – do they resonate with you?
- Prioritize People: we hire and retain the best, value diversity, treat each other with respect, and celebrate our successes
- Challenge the Status Quo: we are bold, empowered to make mistakes, and responsible for learning from them
- Create Impact: we prioritize progress over process, done is better than perfect
- Communicate Authentically: we are candid, transparent, smile deeply, and laugh loudly
- Cultivate Culture: we all build, strengthen, and share our culture