Customer Solutions Engineer
We partner with innovators to build ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses that leverage and transform the Samsung ecosystem.
We started in 2012 on a mission to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung. Since then, our small group has become a global organization that has empowered thousands of entrepreneurs around the world who share our passion for executing against big and bold ideas and building, growing and scaling businesses.
Our team develops products, invests in startups and acquires businesses ready for scale. With a focus on cutting-edge software and services such as IoT, AI, AR/VR, Data Analytics, Cybersecurity and other transformative frontier technologies, we collaborate with seasoned founders and talented companies, providing our capital, resources, expertise and deep connections. We operate across offices in Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Francisco, New York City in the United States; Tel Aviv in Israel; Berlin in Germany; and Seoul in South Korea.
The GTM Team at Samsung Next is looking for its first Customer Solutions Engineer. The GTM supports many products that are at different stages of product-market fit. You will initially support Missinglink.ai (a platform built for data scientists). You will be the technical liaison with our prospective clients during the sales process. You will be responsible for delivering the technical win and product fit at customer accounts. It is critical for this role to build customer trust in our platform which will aid the sales and customer success organizations. You would lead the technical pre-sales relationship, proposes technical architectures, demonstrate the product, anticipate concerns, and offer creative solutions to customer problems. You will also be responsible for providing feedback to product and engineering on key customer pain points and requirement that would inform the future roadmap.
The role requires someone who is both highly technical and a skilled relationship builder. They should be equally comfortable painting a vision of the technical possibilities of the platform with a C-level exec and whiteboarding workflows with customer’s data scientists and devops teams.
Qualifications: We are looking for a Solutions Engineer with a proven track record
- 4-8 years experience as a sales engineer supporting a complex, technical product
- Quick learner, self-starter and comfortable working with ambiguity
- Deep knowledge in one of the following cloud platforms:
- Google cloud
- Good understanding of Linux
- Previous experience with software development on Python - Must
- Background / Orientation with Machine Learning - a big plus
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science is helpful
- Ability to understand the workflow and tools used by data scientists
- Excellent communicator and presenter; able to win the confidence of a technical audience and simplify messaging
- Having a deep understanding of data scientists needs and pain points is a big plus
- Partner with sales during the sales cycle and enable prospects to understand the benefits of leveraging the platform
- Lead technical demonstrations on-site or via video conference
- Work with the sales and customer success team to identify and qualify business opportunities and identify key customer technical objections. Develop the strategy to resolve technical impediments
- Gathering technical requirements from prospective clients and mapping the platform to the prospective clients’ unique requirements
- (Potentially) travel on-site and aid customers in setting up the MissingLink platform
- Creating technical benchmarks
- Partner with marketing in creation of blogs and technical content
- Engage with the community on forums / groups
This will be based in our SF office but you could expect to be traveling 25% of the time for this role. Also you will be working with a global team (large presence in Tel Aviv) - so some flexibility with work hours is required.