Full Stack Engineer
Samsung Next is building Whare, the AR cloud to enable a new generation of augmented reality applications. We are hiring a new team in San Mateo, California, to build cross platform developer services that will power multi-user, shared AR experiences and applications at scale. This infrastructure will support all developers in the AR community with a shared global management platform for AR assets.
You will be a senior engineer leading some development work while collaborating in a variety of others to build a new and complex system. In addition, you will be expected to use your technical experience to assist in ideating and defining product features and use cases.
You will be involved in all aspects of the development cycle, including definition, architecture, design, implementation, testing, automation and documentation. Technical leadership will be imperative—organization and initiative when it comes to both technology and personnel.
- Computer Science degree or track record of relevant work experience.
- Breadth of software experience including knowledge and expertise in any of the following areas: design for scalability and high performance; database design and programming; user-interface design and development.
- Hands-on full life-cycle software development experience.
- Ideal candidate would be language agnostic and would be comfortable learning any programming language necessary to get the job done (background in Java or Python or C++ development experience welcome).
- Experience designing and building SDK’s
- Experience developing API’s from scratch
- Proficient with AWS or similar cloud services
- Experience in technical leadership roles.
- Thrives in a fast-moving startup environment with strong communication skills.
Desirable: Experience in augmented reality applications, 3D modeling/graphics, mobile app development, large-scale game development (MMO highly desirable).