Senior Software Engineer
This role is part of the IQOQO team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization.
IQOQO is defining the future of cloud computing. The vision of IQOQO is to build a simple, flexible and secure cloud computing platform which utilizes the idle time of connected devices available all around us – Airbnb for CPUs. On the road to that vision, IQOQO is providing distributed batch computing services, letting developers focus on their code and data, and not with the plumbing around that.
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will join us in our effort to build a new sharing economy cloud computing platform from scratch. You will take part in designing and developing the future of cloud computing, alongside a great team of professionals who take self-progress very seriously while always learning new ways to get better at what they do and understand what they don’t.
- As a member of IQOQO team, you will define and implement robust, fault-tolerant, decentralized
- and distributed computation platform with millions of nodes and it’s management tools.
- You will read and understand product requirements and come with an elegant design, and implement it while maintaining good programming practices such as writing clean, well-tested code in both client and server.
- Like all our employees you will participate in on-call rotations to respond to and resolve live network incidents and create and contribute to service and operations documentation.
- 5+ years of high-performance backend or Virtualization
- 3+ years of distributed systems development or HPC platforms or virtualization development
- Write clean code and tests for it
- Experience in at least one of Node.js or equivalent – an advantage
- Experience in Linux or Android internals – a plus
- Computer science or equivalent academic degree
- Computer science graduate – a plus
About Samsung NEXT
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
- Venture - Investing in early stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.