We partner with innovators to build ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses that leverage and transform the Samsung ecosystem.
We started in 2012 on a mission to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung. Since then, our small group has become a global organization that has empowered thousands of entrepreneurs around the world who share our passion for executing against big and bold ideas and building, growing and scaling businesses.
Our team develops products, invests in startups and acquires businesses ready for scale. With a focus on cutting-edge software and services such as IoT, AI, AR/VR, Data Analytics, Cybersecurity and other transformative frontier technologies, we collaborate with seasoned founders and talented companies, providing our capital, resources, expertise and deep connections. We operate across offices in Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Francisco, New York City in the United States; Tel Aviv in Israel; Berlin in Germany; and Seoul in South Korea.
This is a critical finance role supporting the global organization and is critical to the on-going success of the Samsung NEXT. The Dir, FP&A will have broad responsibilities to help keep the organization operating smoothly, including but not limited to providing strategic business partnership to the senior-most leaders within Samsung NEXT, mentoring more junior FP&A analysts, providing senior financial partnership and analysis to Samsung NEXT’s growing portfolio of investments. This role will report to the Head of Finance but will also interact regularly with senior leadership, including the functional Team Leaders (e.g., the Heads of Venture Investments, M&A, Partnerships, etc.) and at time with the President of Samsung NEXT.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the Samsung NEXT structure, from the internal team to the corporate structure to the portfolio of investments
- Work closely with portfolio company executive management to provide operational and strategic financial support, to include process definition and financial modeling support
- Work closely with finance operations within NEXT and in Korea to lead and facilitate special projects (e.g., transfer of IP from Samsung to the portfolio companies, due diligence on potential targets, PMI for recent acquisitions, etc.)
- Work closely with business partners to provide strategic insights on their business based on monthly reporting
- Work closely with operations to maintain business intelligence tools
- Support the Head of Finance on special projects, often functioning as the deputy head of finance.
- # of years of experience: 15+
- Education: Bachelor’s degree; MBA a plus
- Specific experience: Deep strategic FP&A experience at a large company, start-up, or investment organization; sophisticated financial modeling experience (comparable to investment banking modeling) that includes the ability to build detailed, 3-statement, operating models from scratch
- Specific skills (hard, soft): A critical, independent thinker who can build deep, trusting relationships and is process driven. Someone who is not afraid to ask questions of and challenge peers and senior leaders.