Head of Sales, Missinglink
This roles is part of the MissingLink team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization.
MissingLink.ai is a deep learning platform which helps engineers and data scientists to build complex AI machines in a way that was not possible before. Our product tracks experiments, data, machines, model versions and visualize the learning process in real time allowing for faster insights and decision making.
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
As the Head of Sales, you will own the revenue number for the product. This Head of Sales role provides the right candidate with an exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of one of our emerging products, Missinglink. Your responsibilities will include building and managing a highly talented team focused on driving revenue, market penetration and customer adoption with a primary focus on the US and Tel Aviv markets. You will play the role of a player coach initially helping close deals and building the sales playbook to build on our early success in key markets. This is a people manager role and will manage a team of SDRs, AEs and CSMs.
This will be based in our SF office. You will manage and work with a global team (large presence in Tel Aviv) - so some flexibility with work hours is required.
Would you like to build a business focused on helping hyper-growth companies innovate and grow? Do you have the business savvy and the technical sales background necessary to help establish SamsungNext as a key SaaS platform provider? If so we would like to speak to you.
The ideal candidate will possess a technology sales management background that enables them to lead a team of Sales Representatives with engagements at the VP and above levels. They should also be a self-starter who is prepared to own, define, develop and execute a Go To Market plan and consistently deliver on quarterly revenue targets.
- 8-10 years of experience in technology related sales
- 4+ years of sales management experience working for a technology vendor selling SaaS solutions
- History of generating positive growth within early stage startup sales teams
- Experience selling deals in the $10K ARR to $50K ARR range
- Must have hired and scaled a sales team in prior roles
- Demonstrated ability and inclination to work in an entrepreneurial, dynamic and fast-moving culture
- Proven leader and motivator. Entrepreneurial, player/coach mentality, unafraid to roll-up sleeves, get it done and "lead from the front.”
- Results oriented and driven to succeed with the ability to attract individuals with similar characteristics
- Exceed revenue, pipeline and activity goals
- Roll up sleeves and ride along on deal calls (this role will be hands-on as we try to optimize product-market fit)
- Communicate a compelling vision, motivate the team and drive urgency
- Continue to build and iterate on a repeatable sales process
- Conduct weekly 1:1’s, opportunity inspection reviews; coaching on sales tactics
- Lead, mentor, and grow a high-performing sales team
- Work collaboratively with Marketing to create and execute a winning customer journey that results in high product adoption and revenue
- Be the voice of the customer - consolidate the learnings from prospect and customer interactions to influence product roadmap
- Maintain accurate and timely customer, pipeline and forecast data
About Samsung NEXT
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
- Venture - Investing in early stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.