Customer Solutions Engineer, IQOQO
This role is part of the IQOQO team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization.
IQOQO is defining the future of cloud computing. The vision of IQOQO is to build a simple, flexible and secure cloud computing platform which utilizes the idle time of connected devices available all around us – Airbnb for CPUs. On the road to that vision, IQOQO is providing distributed batch computing services, letting developers focus on their code and data, and not with the plumbing around that.
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
As Customer Solutions Engineer, you will be the technical liaison with our prospective clients during the sales process. You will be responsible for delivering the technical win and product fit at customer accounts. It is critical for this role to build customer trust in our platform which will aid the sales and customer success organizations. You would lead the technical pre-sales relationship, proposes technical architectures, demonstrate the product, anticipate concerns, and offer creative solutions to customer problems. You will also be responsible for providing feedback to product and engineering on key customer pain points and requirements that would inform the future roadmap.
The role requires someone who is both highly technical and a skilled relationship builder. They should be equally comfortable painting a vision of the technical possibilities of the platform with a C-level exec and whiteboarding workflows with customer’s data scientists and devops teams.
- Partner with sales during the sales cycle and enable prospects to understand the benefits of leveraging the platform
- Lead technical demonstrations on-site or via video conference
- Work with the sales and customer success team to identify and qualify business opportunities and identify key customer technical objections. Develop the strategy to resolve technical impediments.
- (Potentially) travel on-site and aid customers in setting up the MissingLink platform
- Creating technical benchmarks
- Partner with marketing in creation of blogs and technical content
- Engage with the community on forums / groups
- 3-5 years experience as a sales engineer supporting a complex, technical product
- Quick learner, self-starter and comfortable working with ambiguity
- Deep knowledge in one of the following cloud platforms:
- Google cloud
- Good understanding of Linux
- Previous experience with software development on Python - Must
- Background / Orientation with cloud computing services, solutions and use cases, as well as knowledge in distributed computing.
- Knowledge and understanding of serverless frameworks
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science is helpful
- Ability to understand the workflow and tools used by data scientists
- Excellent communicator and presenter; able to win the confidence of a technical audience and simplify messaging
- Having a deep understanding of data scientists needs and pain points is a big plus
About Samsung NEXT
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
- Venture - Investing in early stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.