We partner with innovators to build ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses that leverage and transform the Samsung ecosystem.
We started in 2012 on a mission to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung. Since then, our small group has become a global organization that has empowered thousands of entrepreneurs around the world who share our passion for executing against big and bold ideas and building, growing and scaling businesses.
Our team develops products, invests in startups, and acquires businesses ready for scale. With a focus on cutting-edge software and services, we collaborate with startups to provide capital, expertise, and a global network of connections. We operate across offices in Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Francisco, New York City in the United States; Tel Aviv in Israel; Berlin in Germany; and Seoul in South Korea.
The Ecosystem Developer role is based in Silicon Valley, based in San Francisco, but working across our offices in San Francisco and Mountain View. This role reports to the NEXT Silicon Valley GM and works closely with our marketing group.
GENERAL SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your primary goal will be to increase the visibility of Samsung NEXT within the Silicon Valley technology community, and to create collaborative programs with other organizations in the community, including universities, incubators, accelerators, angels, and venture capital firms.
By increasing awareness of Samsung NEXT, and by building better connectivity to the local tech community, you will help Samsung NEXT identify, connect with, and support entrepreneurs and early-stage companies that are potential venture investments (seed, Series A, and Series B), acqui-hires, acquisitions, and strategic partners for Samsung’s business units. You will often be the first touchpoint for startups and entrepreneurs in accessing Samsung NEXT and will both help educate and guide their experience with NEXT. In this role, you will be working directly with the General Manager of Silicon Valley, primarily based in our San Francisco office but also be visiting our Mountain View office on a regular basis. You will also work closely with Ecosystem Developers in other locations globally and our marketing team in Silicon Valley.
As the Ecosystem Developer, you will create a clear point of view on the themes NEXT Silicon Valley will be a vocal proponent of in the market, while creating the suite of events and activations that will achieve the desired goals. This includes the creation of an end-to-end mapping of the customer journey/experience along with the development of a feedback loop and metrics to effectively evaluate success. In this role, you will frequently plan and lead local events, participate in others (conferences, meetups, demo days) and act a senior ambassador for Samsung NEXT, including participating in public speaking opportunities that can drive thought leadership within the local community.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of working in tech or with startups, ideally within the local Silicon Valley startup ecosystem - this is a Manager level role with growth for more
- 4+ years of direct experience in a similar role
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a strong background and network in the the local tech ecosystem and its many stakeholders: entrepreneurs and founders, universities, incubators, accelerators, angels, and VC firms
- A demonstrated passion for technology and a clear POV on a number of core industries and trends
- A “digital native” with an established personal web presence and a strong interest in new technology. Possessing hands-on proficiency with many online tools for managing social media interactions, event production, and project management
- Self-motivated with dedicated work ethic and entrepreneurial attitude. You will work in a largely unstructured yet goal-directed environment. It will be up to you to establish top-level goals, translate them into a tangible workstream, and then execute effectively.
- Independent, proactive, and comfortable operating in space
- A natural relationship-builder and enjoy connecting with ambitious founders
- Positive attitude, high integrity and emotional intelligence
- Collaboration driven - you will have previously led teams and are collaborative by nature
- An expert in project ideation, strategy development, execution, and management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to foster communication and cooperation among diverse individuals online and offline
- Detail-oriented but still have a “get it done” mentality
- Additional Preferences:
- Undergraduate or advanced technical degree
- You’re a presentation creation savant with a gift for storytelling
- You have a super power that makes your workplace better when you’re around
If this role is for you, you’re a high-energy, culture creator with a real passion for startups who wants to get your hands dirty driving success for both startups and Samsung NEXT. You thrive working in teams, are comfortable in open space, and enjoy leading new projects independently.
SAMSUNG NEXT’S CORE VALUES:
Our core values below are critical to what we do and how we do it – do they resonate with you?
- Prioritize People: we hire and retain the best, value diversity, treat each other with respect, and celebrate our successes
- Challenge the Status Quo: we are bold, empowered to make mistakes, and responsible for learning from them
- Create Impact: we prioritize progress over process, done is better than perfect
- Communicate Authentically: we are candid, transparent, smile deeply, and laugh loudly
- Cultivate Culture: we all build, strengthen, and share our culture