We started in 2012 on a mission to build software and services, foster a startup culture at Samsung. Since then, our small group has become a global organization that has empowered thousands of entrepreneurs around the world who share our passion for executing against big and bold ideas and building, growing and scaling businesses.
Our team develops products, invests in startups and acquires businesses ready for scale. With a focus on cutting edge software and services such as IoT, AI, AR/VR, Data Analytics, Cyber security and other transformative frontier technologies, we collaborate with seasoned founders and talented companies, providing our capital, resources, expertise and deep connections. We operate across offices in Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Francisco, New York City in the United States; Tel Aviv in Israel; Berlin in Germany; and Seoul in South Korea.
Samsung NEXT is in search of a Product Marketing intern to help support cross-product.
The internship program will run for 12-15 weeks, starting in early June and located in our San Francisco Office.
Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional role at Samsung NEXT, and will be partnering closely with Product, Engineering, Sales, UX/Design, and Communications to name a few. Different from many other Product Marketing teams, our team works across the entire product lifecycle, from helping shape the product, to driving launch and commercialization, to growing product adoption post-launch.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Work alongside a senior PMM to help with GTM planning
Own audience insights for a particular product by doing deep-dives into understanding customer segments.
Research competitive landscape for one or more of our portfolio of products.
Help develop messaging and positioning around a particular feature / functionality / capability, and bring it to market.
Execute on a full Go-to-market plan for launching new products or feature updates of existing products.
Create and execute on campaigns that show impact in adoption and engagement.
Partner cross-functionally across teams that are distributed around the world from product management, engineering, and corporate marketing & communications.
Who are you?
1) You love marketing. And are passionate about learning the Product Marketing craft. Working with a group of talented marketers and cutting edge products.
2) Be detail-oriented: Don't throw things over the wall. It only takes a moment to flip through and review things twice, three times. Don't skip that step.
3) Be proactive: Being in a small team, you're expected to think like a leader and find ways to get things done. If you like to sit back and wait for tasks being assigned, this is not for you.
4) Be humble: There's always room to learn. Be humble and hungry to learn new things
Furthermore, if this role is for you, you’re energetic, positive, and enjoy balancing the creative and analytical. You want to be in a startup environment, can get your hands dirty, handle ambiguity, and execute. Our core values below are critical to what we do and how we do it – do they resonate with you?
- Prioritize People: we hire and retain the best, value diversity, treat each other with respect, and celebrate our successes
- Challenge the Status Quo: we are bold, empowered to make mistakes, and responsible for learning from them
- Create Impact: we prioritize progress over process, done is better than perfect
- Communicate Authentically: we are candid, transparent, smile deeply, and laugh loudly
- Cultivate Culture: we all build, strengthen, and share our culture