Senior Backend Engineer
This role is part of the Inception team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization. The Inception team is responsible for creating prototypes of early stage product ideas to help prove feasibility and viability.
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
As a Senior Engineer, you will help us create proof of concepts in a variety of areas including Spatial Compute (AR, VR, XR), Smart Fitness and other emerging product spaces. You will help build front and back end systems using some of the latest technologies available to help prove or disprove the ideas.
- Implement and maintain systems managing thousands of events per second
- Collaborate with Computer Vision engineers to innovate in Spatial Computing
- Create systems capable of handling hundreds of thousands of clients
- Processing data from iOT devices as well as user inputs
- Blur the lines between the physical and digital worlds
- Computer Science degree or track record of relevant work experience
- Ideal candidate would be language agnostic and would be comfortable learning any programming language necessary to get the job done (background in Java, Python, C++, Go, and / or NodeJS welcome)
- Proficient with AWS or similar cloud computing
- Thrives in a fast-moving startup environment with strong communication skills
- Strong and demonstrated creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with Raspberry Pi and / or Arduino devices
- Experience with 3D graphics / AR / VR technologies
- Experience with real time messaging
About Samsung NEXT
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
- Venture - Investing in early stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with the variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.