Commercial Product Manager - Work with Product in the Fashion Business
- If you like fashion, direct contact with the product, understand what sell’s or not, what can be improved and what can be done differently, then this is the challenge you are looking for.
- Being a product manager means being the owner of a mini business. It means having a budget to manage, invest and bet on certain products which means the loss of others, keep track of the business and react, always with the objective of maximizing revenue with the least possible resources.
Fashion Business: There will be new things every day. You will be challenged to think how to market the product on the web channel, in addition to retail stores, in different channels and geographies, which will force you to reflect differently.
Brand: opportunity to work with a brand that has a differentiating product and an enormous potential growth, which means that you will grow as a professional and the company will grow with you as well.
Impact: in your role you will have a great impact in the company and you will have a lot of visibility and responsibility, since you will be leading a category that has several millions in revenue.
Development Opportunity: as you work directly with design, production, sourcing, you can understand better what each of these areas does, and gives you a more global view of the company and help you to unlock problems.
Work Environment: despite the dimension of the company, you will find a really familiar environment and people will make sure that you feel good, welcome and integrated from the very first day. Everybody loves to share knowledge, experiences and to learn from each other.
To really be successful on this job you will have to fulfil the skills below:
- Great analytical skills in terms of results interpretation and high commercial sense and taste for fashion. It will not be a function in which you will dedicate many hours to make analyzes, it will be a function in which you will dedicate many hours to look at the numbers and to conclude, to see trends, to predict, to try to understand what the numbers are saying and the other part equally or even more predominantly that is the part of knowledge, taste and interest in fashion and retail business;
- Degree in the areas of Management, Economics, Marketing, Engineering, or similar (preferably);
- Minimum professional experience of 2 years in similar positions, preferably in fashion in the retail sector;
- Excellent planning, peripheral vision, decision making and priority management skills;
- Ease of interpersonal relationships, good communication skills, influence and persuasion and strong results orientation;
- Excellent organizational skills, dynamism and initiative;
- Ability to work independently, effectively and efficiently;
- High sense of responsibility and autonomy;
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools, with Excel skills;
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools will be valued;
- Good knowledge of English, both spoken and written, with the knowledge of another language will be valued;
- Availability to travel.
Responsibilities and Opportunities
You will integrate the Product area and report directly to the Product Management Director, in close collaboration with the various internal areas of the company (R&D, Sourcing, Sales and Marketing) will have the following main Responsibilities:
- Develop the product matrix, defining the structure for each product category (references, target, prices) in order to adapt the collections to the various sales channels and ensure the strategic positioning of the brand;
- Define the pricing and promotion strategy of the collections for the various points of sale and profitability of each product;
- Monitor and analyze trends in the fashion market, competitors and consumer behavior;
- Coordinate the processes of development, launch and growth of textile clothing products, establishing solid and trusting relationships with partners involved in the process;
- Provide the quantitative and qualitative inputs necessary for the development of the collections;
- Ensure the planning of purchases according to sales forecasts and product needs in terms of stocks;
- Analyze sales by product, with a view to making decisions according to their performance.
If you can see enthusiasm in the numbers in order to respond as quickly as possible to the market, you are curious, and want to join a company that is constantly growing, then send us your application.